Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
little suprised there wasn't a thread for this project ... phase 3 - final part of Menke's Cosmo development ... 22 storeys tower with podium townhouses plus 3 blocks of townhouses

City Planning Prelimininary Report (August 2007)

City Planning Request for Directions Report (August 2008)

The Site ~

Savvy_3.jpg

The Tower ~

Savvy_1.jpg

Townhouses previewing soon ~ (south elevation below)

Last edited:
I'm also very surprised no one has talked about this. There were still a handful of 1+1 units left few weeks ago. I've always had a soft spot for this location and in my heart, this is one of my preferred condo. Prices seem kind of high now?

More density along the subway line is good, but it is a bland project that will add nothing interesting to the area. It also seems rather expensive. Is this under construction, or set to commence soon?

Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Daily Commercial News

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 9099408-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Savvy Condominium, Glendora Ave, Yonge St, Sheppard Ave, M2N 2V8
$30,000,000 est

Start: November, 2009

Complete: March, 2011

Note: Working drawings are complete. Sales and marketing are underway. Excavation and site work began Spring, 2009 (2010?). Schedules for Sub trade tender and construction are expected November, 2009 based on occupancy. Further update November, 2009.
www.menkes.com/savvy

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, various interior finishes; swimming pool; terrace; fitness room; lounge; proposed construction of a 22-storey condominium apartment building with 285 units. This will be an environmentally friendly building, built to LEED standards. Green building features include building facilities for sorting household recyclables; timed CO2 monitoring in parking garages to increase efficiency of fans used for fresh air distribution; green roof for stormwater management and reduction of urban heat island effects; and secure bike parking areas. Suites will feature Magic-Pak meter technology, an individually controlled heating and cooling system with individual hydro meters for separate hydro billing. Suites will be built with energy saving construction materials, including superior wall insulation, double-glazed windows, energy saving lighting, and low volatile compound paints and adhesives; high pressure, low flow showerheads, faucets and dual flush toilets for water efficiency; Convenient all-off lighting switch at suite entry for energy efficiency; and Energy Star appliances.

Scope: 275,000 square feet; 22 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 285 units; parking for 300 cars; 4 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Recreational bldgs

First report Thu Apr 16, 2009.
This report Thu Oct 08, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=87fb9e4668db901d6763d3518b07a6282f729d74&projectid=9099408&region=ontario

Dec 7, 2009

Drove by today and it looks like they have started demolition of the homes on the site.

December 23 2009 update

Fencing is erected and houses are all boarded up awaiting demolition
IMG_1954.jpg

I live in the Cosmo and I'm glad they are finally starting this project. Funny how Menkes never tells us anything about like when they are starting construction since they'll be digging right up to our foundation on the east side. :rolleyes: I'm on the board and have heard zippo. Does anyone know when the Anndale Drive extension is being put through? It would be nice to have a road on our North side instead of a construction mess from Minto.

Thanks for the drawing, Solaris :) but I know there is going to be a road 'sometime'. Do you know when they plan to put in the road? It seems the people who are the most impacted are always the last to know. :p

BlueCat ... I believe with the lands conveyed by Savvy in addition to lands previously conveyed by Cosmo + Minto Gardens, all lands necessary to enable the Anndale Drive extension to Yonge Street are now in the City's ownership ... thus I'm pretty sure the road extension will likely happen concurrently with the construction of Savvy

If you want to be sure though, you may wish to call Catharine Cieply in City Planning @ 416.395.7109 to inquire on timing ~

Site Plan showing Savvy, 2 Cosmo towers and Anndale Drive extension
Source: City Planning Request for Directions Report (August 2008) - Click to Enlarge
Savvy_SP.jpg

The Savvy site was being cleared on the weekend. Crews were in demolishing and removing the debris from the houses on both Anndale and Glendora, as well as clearing the trees on the property. It looks like permits were finally received for this project.

AHK

May 1 2010 update

Site is all cleared ... construction staring soon ?
IMG_5076.jpg

Back