Savvy is now up to ground level for the area of the underground parking and the north side townhouses.

(see site plan on Menkes website, www.menkes.com/savvy/index.php?o=siteplan)

Interesting, with the crane on the north side of the site, to bring concrete, other materials onsite they need to park supply trucks on the Glendora (west side) of the site. The crane then lifts all such materials over the overhead wires and swings them onsite within a very limited area. There are often three concrete trucks parked on Glendora waiting to unload.

I suppose this sort of thing is very common in tight urban settings (unfortunately I cannot post any pictures).

January 23 2011 update

Indeed Savvy's hit ground ~
IMG_5196.jpg

Savvy Cranes - not really LOL
IMG_5197.jpg

good view of the Minto Spring condo in the second picture.

I agree. Minto's Spring and Radiance are easily in my top 3 condos in NYCC with Dia.

NYk Drne, thanks for posting the site plan for Savvy. I go past the site everyday and I was trying to figure out where the tower will be sited and how many townhouse blocks there will be.

It will be interesting to see if the tower is completed before the townhouses, which is usually the case in these combo-type developments.

Right now the townhouses on the west end of the site and the tower are at about the same stage.

As of Wednesday they were taking down the lofting crane, as you can see from the picture below.

This was the crane that was used to lift materials over the hydro wires into the site for the last several months. Three of the four float trucks that were required to take the components away are parked on Glendora Ave. to the right of the picture.

By today large sections of the walls on the first floor of the condo building were up, (area in the background of this picture); the progress continues.

Attachments

• Savvy Crane photo[1].jpg
    Savvy Crane photo[1].jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 498
Menkes have sent us a construction update for Savvy, and some renderings to share with you.

Ready to pour the third floor.

SavvyConstruction201104.jpg

The building.

SavvyExt933.jpg

The entry by evening.

SavvyEveEntry1024.jpg

The lobby.

SavvyLobby933.jpg

The pool.

SavvyPool933.jpg

The building is on track for completion around this time next year.

Thanks for the update photos Drum; I was planning to suggest that someone should post some as they are up to floor 12 as of last Friday.

The crew is humming along; they have averaged about one floor a day for the last couple of weeks.

Yes Marcus_a_j, that was the other note I was going to make, thanks.

They only go up a couple of floors at the corner, but it gives you an idea of the finishes at this level.

Yes Marcus_a_j, that was the other note I was going to make, thanks.

They only go up a couple of floors at the corner, but it gives you an idea of the finishes at this level.

I thought I post a photo of the precast and here it is now from June 6
5808701127_6e1c4872d6_b.jpg

Back