I hope they keep the same format having all three buildings looking the same kind of concept. It looks nice on the rendering up above. Too many square box looking buildings in the city !

Every time I visit this BAC3 thread I feel a little sad. I really feel this was a missed opportunity - an opportunity to develop a signature skyscraper on one of the last prime sites within the centre of the financial core, with infrastructure already completed. Just plug and play. Instead, we get a squat, 4-sided glass box not befitting the location. Oh well, I guess Brookfield ran their numbers and this is what spit out. A shame in my opinion.
They can't go any taller here as there is a restriction on any new shadows on Nathan Phillips Square.

Aug 30, 2019

DSC00379.JPG

DSC00380.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2bdd.jpeg

Every time I visit this BAC3 thread I feel a little sad. I really feel this was a missed opportunity - an opportunity to develop a signature skyscraper on one of the last prime sites within the centre of the financial core, with infrastructure already completed. Just plug and play. Instead, we get a squat, 4-sided glass box not befitting the location. Oh well, I guess Brookfield ran their numbers and this is what spit out. A shame in my opinion.
Well, the previous Lord Thomson tried that back in the '80s and couldn't lease the space owing to the recession, even with the added bonus of prospective tenants being able to chose whether the building was topped with a pyramid or a dome if they took enough space.

The building itself isn't a landmark, but I think the three Bay Adelaide buildings (which I think are handsome with great lobbies, though uninspiring architecture) combined with the POPS in the middle, a pedestrianization of Temperance Street, and a renewed Cloud Gardens park, will make for an impressive downtown area.

Yeah hopefully they can do better and resurrect Brookfield Place 3 @ Front Street with a stunning tall office tower:D

View attachment 194576

What happened to this proposal? Was it official? I can hardly find any information about it online. If this ever is resurrected, I hope they go for more height though.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen any intensification proposals at this intersection. I would've expected this project to go ahead long before CIBC Square across the street.

What happened to this proposal? Was it official? I can hardly find any information about it online. If this ever is resurrected, I hope they go for more height though.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen any intensification proposals at this intersection. I would've expected this project to go ahead long before CIBC Square across the street.
Yeah don't know if Brookfield Properties still owns that lot but i expect a tall tower (250-300m) to be built there one day, also i don't think there are any height restrictions on that side of Front street?,,,remember the 300m CC-3 will be built in the back end

Last edited:
They've extended the sidewalk in front of the site (basically paving over all the street parking spots on Temperance) and then extended the fencing around that new sidewalk. Not sure why exactly. Perhaps the site - once completed and once Temperance is pedestrianized - actually extends into the street?

Yesterday afternoon they also replaced the 'test' windows on the site (someone posted a picture a page or two back). The new ones are more reflective and look much better, in my opinion.

Yesterday afternoon they also replaced the 'test' windows on the site (someone posted a picture a page or two back). The new ones are more reflective and look much better, in my opinion
Does this mean different glazing than the other 2 BAC towers?

Back