Today,
20210525_145421.jpg
20210525_145328.jpg
20210525_145307.jpg
20210525_145303(0).jpg

...the only silver lining here is it's far more pleasant to look than 401 Bay currently. /sigh

Sorry can't agree with you here! This sucks big time! No thought put into the architecture of this building whatsoever. I can't think of too many projects, including 401 Bay, that UT'ers love to rip that are worse than this banal piece of $hit! Nice glass, gimme a break!

Sorry can't agree with you here! This sucks big time! No thought put into the architecture of this building whatsoever. I can't think of too many projects, including 401 Bay, that UT'ers love to rip that are worse than this banal piece of $hit! Nice glass, gimme a break!
To be clear, I don't really like this building for being banal either...but it does seem of far better quality banality than that of 401 Bay, IMO. /shrug

I understand shadowing concerns somewhat but I'll add to the chorus of voices here that says, particularly with the heat we're getting in the summer's these days, I'll take the shade please.

It's one thing to not want a supertall farther north shadowing a park that is quite a bit outside of the downtown area, but cmon. 140m in the financial district is a bit ridiculous. This area is supposed to feel tall, shaded and like the buildings are looming over you. It's the financial district you should feel small here, at least imo

It has some flattering angles, and provides a nice backdrop to the Dineen Building, but man that glass-on-glass-on-glass courtyard reflection-fest is migraine-inducing.

It's like a glass version of Rockefeller Center in NYC, just without the majestic plaza.

If they could pedestrianize Temperance Street and turn it into something attractive they could really liven up this area.

It's like a glass version of Rockefeller Center in NYC, just without the majestic plaza.

If they could pedestrianize Temperance Street and turn it into something attractive they could really liven up this area.

Actually that's exactly what's supposed to happen, all the early renderings showed the existing plaza extended northwards.

I would take 3 more of these over what happened to 401 bay...

The sterility is pretty overwhelming, and the design banal (albeit well executed) - the whole ensemble is almost begging for a new backlash against this minimalist Neo-modern style (analogous to the late 60s/early 70s one against International Style).

I wish we get more new builds along the lines of 9 DeKalb instead:

Restrained ornamentation.

AoD

I understand shadowing concerns somewhat but I'll add to the chorus of voices here that says, particularly with the heat we're getting in the summer's these days, I'll take the shade please.
Do you prefer the shade when it's snowing on May 28?

Back