Seems like Freed has stepped up the marketing on this one. I noticed he has big n' flashy banner advertisements now along both Bathurst and King where the site will be. I also noticed that there is an ad at the street car shelter on King near Brant (that may have been there a while now and I'm just noticing it). Anyways, I thought it was funny because the ad said "last chance at pre-construction prices", which is the EXACT same hook he used 10 months ago before they tore down the sales centre.

I noticed some newish looking hoarding on Bathurst St side the other day. Freed has billboards on Eglinton West as well--I always see them when I'm munching on Toronto's best falafel @halleluia restaurant.

FEB9-09047.jpg

Freed, along with TAS, really has the best designs for towers overall.

I think they're parked on the other side of the blue fence - beside Waddington's.

(the ones in the distance).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen those, too. The trucks seem to be using this site as a stop-over/staging area for work being done at 550 Wellington. There is no construction work being done at 650 King at this present moment.

Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Agreements to Acquire Underground Commercial Parking Spaces Adjacent to Properties in the King & Spadina Area of Downtown Toronto

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 11, 2009) - Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has entered into agreements to purchase the following properties for approximately $5 million:

(i) an undivided 50% interest in 92 underground commercial parking spaces to be constructed as part of the Victory Lofts condominium project by BLVD Developments at 478 King Street West in Toronto, which is adjacent to three of Allied's properties, 468 King Street West, 500-522 King Street West and the King-Brant underground commercial parking structure; and

(ii) an undivided 75% interest in 71 underground commercial parking spaces to be constructed as part of the SIX50KING condominium project by Freed Developments at 650 King Street West in Toronto, which is adjacent to Allied's 662 King Street West and in close proximity to its 602-606 King Street West.

Each acquisition is conditional upon final condominium registration and is expected to close in 2011. Allied will manage both underground commercial parking structures on behalf of the co-owners, giving it operating control over 163 parking spaces in addition to the 208 parking spaces at its King-Brant underground commercial parking structure and the surface parking spaces adjacent to its numerous properties in the King & Spadina area.

"These will be small but highly strategic acquisitions for us," said Michael Emory, President and CEO. "Not only will they afford us a reasonable yield on our capital, they'll add meaningfully to the competitive advantages of some of our best Class I office properties in the King & Spadina area."

Good call by Allied. The amount of available parking space in this neighbourhood is shrinking quickly, and this guarantees a good supply of premium underground parking spaces for their many commercial properties.

Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Agreements to Acquire Underground Commercial Parking Spaces Adjacent to Properties in the King & Spadina Area of Downtown Toronto

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 11, 2009) - Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has entered into agreements to purchase the following properties for approximately $5 million:

(i) an undivided 50% interest in 92 underground commercial parking spaces to be constructed as part of the Victory Lofts condominium project by BLVD Developments at 478 King Street West in Toronto, which is adjacent to three of Allied's properties, 468 King Street West, 500-522 King Street West and the King-Brant underground commercial parking structure; and

(ii) an undivided 75% interest in 71 underground commercial parking spaces to be constructed as part of the SIX50KING condominium project by Freed Developments at 650 King Street West in Toronto, which is adjacent to Allied's 662 King Street West and in close proximity to its 602-606 King Street West.

Each acquisition is conditional upon final condominium registration and is expected to close in 2011. Allied will manage both underground commercial parking structures on behalf of the co-owners, giving it operating control over 163 parking spaces in addition to the 208 parking spaces at its King-Brant underground commercial parking structure and the surface parking spaces adjacent to its numerous properties in the King & Spadina area.

"These will be small but highly strategic acquisitions for us," said Michael Emory, President and CEO. "Not only will they afford us a reasonable yield on our capital, they'll add meaningfully to the competitive advantages of some of our best Class I office properties in the King & Spadina area."

So according to the sales agent this deal was what pushed the financing through. They are slated to break ground in about a months time. Another exciting development in the world of Freedland!

Back