November 8, 2022

IMG_20221108_091024602_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221108_091059585_HDR.jpg

I take a lot of heat for liking some of the less popular projects like Time and Space and Nubu, but this thing is truly embarrassing. Right in the heart of one of biggest tour attractions. People from all over the world visit this area, and this is what they're going to see. 🤮

I take a lot of heat for liking some of the less popular projects like Time and Space and Nubu, but this thing is truly embarrassing. Right in the heart of one of biggest tour attractions. People from all over the world visit this area, and this is what they're going to see. 🤮
It won’t be visible for much longer. It’s about to be blocked from the view at Dundas Square.

yeah but we have to hope it's nicer (don't how it could be worse, but I'm not a fan of the renderings), and it actually ends up blocking it.
It's directly across from Social and 2m taller, so from most parts of Dundas Square Social will be completely blocked. And you're right - it couldn't possible be worse (well, unless they replace the white precast panels with mint-green or gray spandrels).

If architects are going to make the balconies the sole means of giving their blandtacular buildings any shape or interest, they really need to not make them totally transparent.
One would think this might occur to them at some point along the process. I would not want my name associated with this project in a million years.

Back