From Feb 11:
20230211_153217.jpg

I can see what they were going for, and it could have been pretty good IMHO. But the materials/colours used in the execution makes it very bland. The somewhat interesting balcony angles pretty much gets lost.

Yeah, if they had cladding along the lines of the Thirty Six Zorra condo in Etobicoke, this would've been a much better overall result:

Based on their official renderings photo, there will be a film/cladding on the balcony, very nice looking.

From Feb 11:
View attachment 456753

I can see what they were going for, and it could have been pretty good IMHO. But the materials/colours used in the execution makes it very bland. The somewhat interesting balcony angles pretty much gets lost.
IMO it's really the colour that's the worst part. I've never really care about materials as I'm all about aesthetics.

Yeah, if they had cladding along the lines of the Thirty Six Zorra condo in Etobicoke, this would've been a much better overall result:

Yes, RAW is incompetent when it comes to high-rise, but it's still something when they've been decidedly bested by G+C...

Then Pemberton is cheating on their renderings. We are buying for their nice look balcony based on the renderings, not these ugly clear things. They have already delayed their occupancy by at least 1.5 years, and furthermore they are damaging the outlook of the building. Is such a big change (rendering vs actual ) legal?

And if it is legal or quite common for builders to change their actual project from the rendering, then we should really not consider buying any pre-construction projects. Might be a total shock, like this one in Pemberton.

And if it is legal or quite common for builders to change their actual project from the rendering, then we should really not consider buying any pre-construction projects. Might be a total shock, like this one in Pemberton.

This has been a subject of debate on here for a long time.

In that particular shot, you managed the unachievable; to make something negative stand out more than 'The Social'. Which is, by all rights, the ugliest piece of..........(But I digress)

In this shot, what jumps out at me is that terrible informal path on the lawn of Metropolitan United, not paved in anyway, looking like what it is, a blight on the landscape.

I wouldn't expect the lawn itself to look great at this time of year, but it looks less healthy than it ought to, but one can also see poor lighting design, virtually no entrance landscaping.......ugh. All topped up w/surface parking at the northern edge.

Last edited:
the public realm of Met United is hilariously terrible. The east side along Church is a dirt mess of construction materials and crappy wire fencing and has been that way for years, and the parking lot is poorly maintained, has the abandoned building rotting along Shuter, etc. It's a shocking difference compared to how St Mikes and St James are maintained.

the public realm of Met United is hilariously terrible. The east side along Church is a dirt mess of construction materials and crappy wire fencing and has been that way for years, and the parking lot is poorly maintained, has the abandoned building rotting along Shuter, etc. It's a shocking difference compared to how St Mikes and St James are maintained.

The City should outright acquire the grounds, including the parking lots as park.

A condition could be that the funds be used to create an endowment to maintain the heritage building(s).

The City would likely have to deal with unmarked burials under the parking lot, and some associated risk of cholera exposure may be a risk factor.

But remediate that space into a well maintained, heritage-appropriate, mostly formal public park, but with a good quality playground for the childcare facility and/or the park space in general.

Side Note: To my understanding, similar unmarked burials and associated cholera risk is the reason for the all-paved over school yard at St. Pauls; and the reason the school hasn't been rebuilt either.

Back