I was walking home after a bite to eat and saw this on MOCA and it reminded me of the bars at Social. Maybe it is a public art project that no one gets yet?! Lol

IMG_8370.jpeg

It's Dialog. Why get your hopes up?

I can't help but notice Dialog's Toronto studio seems to be a bar below the design work done at their Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver studios.

Not trying to offend anyone working there as I know design output is more dependant on the individual taste and preference of principals than the quality of overall staff.

The tower’s geometry had so much potential to have the kind of One Bloor West balcony impact with its sharp lines. But they used the worst possible cladding for both the building envelop and the balcony cladding. Not to mention the terrible podium/ground floor. Maybe a recladding in 40 years will help

I can't help but notice Dialog's Toronto studio seems to be a bar below the design work done at their Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver studios.

Not trying to offend anyone working there as I know design output is more dependant on the individual taste and preference of principals than the quality of overall staff.
This is correct. I've gone over this in past posts, but look at the past employment histories of the folks in charge of the Toronto office. You'll get some insight into why things are so dismal there.

This tower is boring AF from a distance, and has a very unfortunate podium, but as someone who walks by it often I must point out that looking UP at it from the immediate block or 2 away the balconies geometric shape does offer interest. Its a shame they used clear cladding for the balconies, but the geometry is interesting. I guess this goes back to interesting plan, not so great execution.
Speaking of design vs execution. Design Architect is RAW but AOR is G+C - UT Database missing that piece.

That makes sense, but the AIC (of course) seems to have lost the SPA folder for this. Can you post plans / evidence to this effect?
Unfortunately no - just something I heard speaking with someone on the project. I guess best not to update the DB on hearsay lol.

Back