Imagine an entire building with curtain-wall tinted to look like a painting (like the one above, at ground level)? It would be spectacular! Someone really needs to try that out in Toronto - it would certainly stand out against all the green and blue tinted glass.

Signature in CityPlace will have some kind of public art component along the 4 corners of the building, leading up to the roof, which will also have artwork on the underside that will be viewable from the ground.

More detailed renderings of the project are being shared with UrbanToronto shortly!

Signature in CityPlace will have some kind of public art component along the 4 corners of the building, leading up to the roof, which will also have artwork on the underside that will be viewable from the ground.

More detailed renderings of the project are being shared with UrbanToronto shortly!

Not glass though I imagine ! Rather just painted art or tiles ?

Does development in new areas like this involve buried electrical cables? I just realized there seem to be no hydro poles and wires in the air around there.
The City DOES try to bury cables in totally new developments (look at West Don Lands) but I looked at the Google Streetview for 2007 (before development) and it had no wires then either.

Just a little off topic Guys, can I know what is being constructed just at the south side of the Rogers centre?
Thanks

I wish those square columns were covered with some type of metal cladding. (like on the Florian condo)

I was thinking the same thing, such a nice tower really looks cheap with that weird concrete pillars or columns and that is the entrance, people wont like it.

I like the columns bare as well. The whole building gives off a raw materials vibe. You have the wood sign, granite pavers, metallic signage, and bare exposed columns. It works well together.

Back