I'm never a huge fan of logos on buildings, but in the case of Southcore, I actually think they add a sense of identity to the towers, simply by placing logos on them, you have a reference point for differentiation. The stubby glass-boxes here doesn't really make a bold statement architecturally or visually. In contrast, buildings that don't need logos are the MINT towers, which, are laced with them. (I'm not hating on Southcore, I think it's a great addition to the city)

Pic taken June 22, 2015

nqp45nM.jpg

Honestly the area looked fantastic from this vantage point. Not only are Delta and its commercial tower quite striking in the sun, the TD centre is really looking good with the fresh black coat. A great contrast.

Not to mention Queens Quay, and the new streetcar in the corner. I love the new streetcar power lines; they look elegant, unlike the clutter on the older lines. Everything looks great. IMO, Delta is the nicest building in Southcore.

Is there any way to preserve the freshly painted TD Towers' colour? Can something like oil be used to slow down the lightening effects of the sun? Won't the jet blackness only last for a few years?

From a few hours ago:

DSC02384.jpg
DSC02382.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02384.jpg
    DSC02384.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • DSC02382.jpg
    DSC02382.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,773
Southcore is an example of a city district built from scratch where we seemingly got everything right. It's features some world-class attractions, an attractive urban fabric, a vibrant mix of uses and superb transit access.

Not just about this project - but more of a general take of the district - from the Post:

http://business.financialpost.com/n...os-financial-district-is-adding-a-new-address

AoD
I actually read the article last night and it's an interesting one. Bay St. will always have that prestige factor for businesses (just like Wall St.), but I believe Southcore will be the "midtown financial district" so to speak. Especially since Yonge and Eglinton is seeing businesses flock from that area to the core.

Well I shouldnt exactly say flock, it's just developers indirectly forcing them out through the lack of attractive office space in new developments and existing office space is being replaced by residential development.

I am getting the impression that Southcore is more blue chip tech/comm heavy than MINT proper, with the heavy banks/legal presence. And then you have the east and west cluster which seems to be geared more towards the creative and smaller tech industries. It will be interesting to see if this stratification is real.

AoD

Back