From a couple of days ago, before it got too cold

IMG_20140101_151338.jpg

Great shots guys, I look at the South Core, and am still in bewildered awe that in less then 15 years, most of this was all abandoned railway tracks, amazing how fast this city continues to grow.

15 years is really not that short. A city should be able to do a lot in 15 years. What we should be surprised about is we let the land be abandoned for so many years.

6 years ago when I just moved to Toronto, I was walking on Queen's Quay and the minute you passed Yonge st on the east, there was nothing to see... it was like you were in the suburbs... even the roads were not properly paved, and wild grass grew rampant, and I was like "this is Toronto's waterfront at the foot of Yonge st?" We all have been to Chicago and it is night and day.

The news is not so much about how great we are doing, but rather how badly it was before.

The history of Toronto is very interesting; to see how we have evolved from a Victorian industrial city to today and having the top-rated financial institutions in the world located here (take that NYC -- aren't we buying up your banks?!?). Some things do take time. This is now our time.

Nice pic, but that's a spooky looking car...

Have a number like that.

Sometime stitching photos does not have things where they should be. Having someone or thing move into the picture unexpectedly doesn't help and can't be remove during stitching. It maybe done in photo shop at what cost and time?

You take what you can when you can.

Still a good shot regardless if you don't look at the car

huh how do you know they're leaving Markham ?

Back