thanks !!

Note to Ed:

I had similar problems with the search function ... if one were to type in a project name in the 'standard' search textbox, zero results would be returned ... the only way I could find existing threads was to go into 'advance search', and then select 'search titles only' ... then I could find specific proposals by project name or builder

anyway this can be improved for convenience ??

Last edited:
I like the renderings - the building has some lovely lines. And that certainly is one hell of a presentation centre.

The marketing pisses me off, though. What in the hell does Langston Hughes' condemning of "racism and injustice while promoting creativity, diversity and equality" have to do with a 3,000sf luxury residence? It's the sort of glib, self-satisfied garbage that makes me want to start punching rich people.

I like the renderings - the building has some lovely lines. And that certainly is one hell of a presentation centre.

The designer and architect of Langston Hall is a romantic idealist...and he himself has black background...a lot of the people involved in this project have multi-cultural backgrounds, that's what unique about this project.

This is not just the typical Euro-American luxury, this is a very Canadian luxury that has a multi-cultural flavour to it. And whoever buys into this idealist little project should either be poetic or idealistic too...

So I don't think the branding is just for marketing...it's to set the tone of the lifestyle and almost a manifesto for this little community of 30 units...as oppose to many Brad J Lamb and Freed's domination of some neighbourhoods.

Last edited:
^I agree. When I bumped into Del a few years ago I got the impression his clients are actors/artists/writers. Here's a peak into his idealism: http://www.wordmag.com/Awards/Awards_2007.02_Terrelonge.htm

"Other projects he is currently working on include Langston Hall and the Smart House, and a promotional campaign for the Beatles Revolution Lounge at the Mirage in Las Vegas. Terrelonge is also the founder of the Coloured Development Fund (CDF), a foundation that provides scholarship funds in the arts for underprivileged students."

Well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the background info! It's nice to see a project where the rationale is actually integral to the project, as opposed to just tacked on after the fact by some horrible MBA type.

Templar Hotel

Hi -
I'm working with the Del and the Rhed team on the communications for Langston Hall and Templar Hotel (which will open May 2010). I hope to keep you all posted on related news and will be reading up on your comments/thoughts - so far it's been interesting to see the discussion unfold (I'm looking forward to contributing).
Best,
Tat

Hi -
I'm working with the Del and the Rhed team on the communications for Langston Hall and Templar Hotel (which will open May 2010). I hope to keep you all posted on related news and will be reading up on your comments/thoughts - so far it's been interesting to see the discussion unfold (I'm looking forward to contributing).
Best,
Tat

That's great~! Can you give us a quick update of where Langston Hall at currently in terms of sales and development?

The designer and architect of Langston Hall is a romantic idealist...

He certainly must be a romantic idealist to still be with the project given how incredibly long it has taken to get to this point in its construction (didn't it begin in 2001?), but the designer is also not an architect.

That's great~! Can you give us a quick update of where Langston Hall at currently in terms of sales and development?

Hey Azureay - I'm on it and will do what I can to get an update shortly (I realize this is the Langston Hall thread).

Planning and sales have started, and the Langston Hall project is anticipated to start construction in Spring 2010.

Tat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I just bought a 1 bedroom unit here a few weeks ago and I was told that ground breaking is anticipated very soon (in about 6-8 weeks), and interesting enough the sales office will be moved way up north to be used as a cottage -- how cool!
Langston Hall so far has a total of 30 units, but that number may go down as some buyers have combined multiple units. The building was originally designed to have 3 units per floor from levels 2 trough 11, and PH and sub-PH units (levels 12 and 13). Currently more than 70% of the units have been sold.

The reason why I chose Langston Hall is because of its location, the most modern and sophisticated interiors (without going too crazy) in the city, and most importantly its true boutique atmosphere/size (especially in a city where 300+ unit condo towers prevail).

Eventhough Langston Hall has the most intriguing and stunning sales center in TO, their marketing strategies are rather odd and especially with the rather reasonable pricing considering its extremely high level of finishes and features. I originially put a deposit on a prime city-facing 18th story unit at Market Wharf, but I was blown away with the quality of the design and interior finish (I am a sucker for good design), and the much smaller scale building of LH (private and exclusive). The trade off is that I will be sacrificing 130 s.f. which I think well worth the premium and I don't see why others who appreciate good design see the value in this building.

The remaining units start at about $549,000 (for a 1,000 sq.ft. with a large balcony), which I think is an amazing value in this hot market and surprised it hasn't sold out by now.

Last edited:

Back