I was told by their financier that they commence construction in May, but got postponed to late June.

reported height increase by @urbanation, @blacktowertv, and others tonight on twitter.....blacktowertv is reporting 2 towers now planned here, first at 21 storeys, 2nd at 39 storeys (?)....

392308502.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting news, but not sure if I would trust these guys with building a 39 storey condo. Might take decades to finish. I`m not even sure if their Templar Hotel has even opened yet...

Last edited:
Nope, Templar is still not open. A 39 floor building by these guys could take decades. You'd buy it for your children.

rhed presented their plans at a public meeting moderated by Adam Vaughan today.

Langston Hall I looks the same but with 6 more floors added.

Langston Hall II is absolutely gorgeous and would instantly become the best looking condo in the city. It's 39 stories with 35 units (one/floor)!. Airy and anorexic... it's set-back from every side and is also graded up a few feet.. stunning.

Templar is taking forever because of the meticulous attention to detail inside. These guys are a very small company who do everything themselves. Shall we applause the next time your cookie-cutter developer instantly erects a 40 story box that simply looks like a way for them to make money?

Last edited:
I would suspect that Langston Hall 1 is dead. Due to the timeframe, all money held in trust would have had to be given back by now. Any timelines in the agreement of purchase and sale would have passed long ago. Unfortunately, those who bought in the project had both their time and money wasted.

And based on the amount of time it has taken to attempt to complete a small hotel, I do not have any hope in these guys completing a 39 story building.

I am one of the purchasers of Langston Hall. I was told of the height increase of 8 floors, but I'd guess they have pulled back a bit based on what was presented in the meeting.

Langston Hall 1 and 2 is now backed by Fortress Real Capital (who also finances Brad Lamb's projects), and the first phase has been over 70% sold.
Based on my conversations with rhed/Templar Developments, rhed/Templar Developments/OSEI Corp (all companies under Del Terrelonge) will be stepping back from the development side of things and Hush Homes will be taking the lead role. This is good news as I think rhed was overwhelmed with the Templar Hotel as it is so far the largest building they have done. Hush Homes is a respected award-winning home builder, however their work is mostly in $million+ single family homes with no experience in condominiums.

The sales centre for Langston Hall, and eventually the second phase, will be relocated inside the Templar Hotel. The design and finishes of the hotel is very similar to the condos and they have a couple large penthouse suites with kitchens in the hotel that feel like the units at Langston Hall. The existing sales centre will be removed to prepare for construction.
Just like Templar Hotel, the units at Langston Hall will have a very high level of detail and features you will not see in other condos. Though even with the height increase, it will still be a very small boutique condo building and each unit will be built to an almost customized-level so it will definitely take some time to build.

I have been pretty frustrated about the slow progress on the project, but I think the wait will be well worth it as it will be a very unique, well designed building and one of the few true boutique condos in the city. The new release of units will be starting around $560,000 for 808 sq.ft. which I think it is an excellent value per sq.ft. compared to the other comparible upscale condos in the neighborhood (such as Theatre Park, King Charlotte, Bisha, The Mercer, etc.). Unfortunately the development has virtually no marketing and lengthy build of The Templar has not left a good impression.
It looks like they are still aiming for construction to start this fall with completion of fall of 2013, which I think is realistic.

Just confirmed by the developer that the height increase is 8 floors (from the original 13-storey to 21-storey).

Templar is taking forever because of the meticulous attention to detail inside. These guys are a very small company who do everything themselves. Shall we applause the next time your cookie-cutter developer instantly erects a 40 story box that simply looks like a way for them to make money?

I'll be the first to applaud meticulous design, but please get real with your excuses for the Templar, as your explanation detracts from your credibility. Was it also "the meticulous attention to detail inside" that left the building derelict and open to the elements for much of the past 5 years? Was the design team away on a multi-year spiritual pilgrimmage to discover the metaphysical keys to meticulous design?

I am one of the purchasers of Langston Hall. I was told of the height increase of 8 floors, but I'd guess they have pulled back a bit based on what was presented in the meeting.

Langston Hall 1 and 2 is now backed by Fortress Real Capital (who also finances Brad Lamb's projects), and the first phase has been over 70% sold.
Based on my conversations with rhed/Templar Developments, rhed/Templar Developments/OSEI Corp (all companies under Del Terrelonge) will be stepping back from the development side of things and Hush Homes will be taking the lead role. This is good news as I think rhed was overwhelmed with the Templar Hotel as it is so far the largest building they have done. Hush Homes is a respected award-winning home builder, however their work is mostly in $million+ single family homes with no experience in condominiums.

The sales centre for Langston Hall, and eventually the second phase, will be relocated inside the Templar Hotel. The design and finishes of the hotel is very similar to the condos and they have a couple large penthouse suites with kitchens in the hotel that feel like the units at Langston Hall. The existing sales centre will be removed to prepare for construction.
Just like Templar Hotel, the units at Langston Hall will have a very high level of detail and features you will not see in other condos. Though even with the height increase, it will still be a very small boutique condo building and each unit will be built to an almost customized-level so it will definitely take some time to build.

I have been pretty frustrated about the slow progress on the project, but I think the wait will be well worth it as it will be a very unique, well designed building and one of the few true boutique condos in the city. The new release of units will be starting around $560,000 for 808 sq.ft. which I think it is an excellent value per sq.ft. compared to the other comparible upscale condos in the neighborhood (such as Theatre Park, King Charlotte, Bisha, The Mercer, etc.). Unfortunately the development has virtually no marketing and lengthy build of The Templar has not left a good impression.
It looks like they are still aiming for construction to start this fall with completion of fall of 2013, which I think is realistic.

Are you actually one of the purchasers? Your post sounds more like something written by the developer (or more likely a shill for the developers). Not that being a shill is against the rules, but without the motivational context it is difficult to know how to take the information you are providing. Also, from a legal standpoint, I would think any sales-directed message board comments made by or on behalf of a condo developer might engage provisions of the condo act.

Are you actually one of the purchasers? Your post sounds more like something written by the developer (or more likely a shill for the developers). Not that being a shill is against the rules, but without the motivational context it is difficult to know how to take the information you are providing. Also, from a legal standpoint, I would think any sales-directed message board comments made by or on behalf of a condo developer might engage provisions of the condo act.

I apologize for sounding like a developer :)
I am indeed an actual purchaser and have no affiliation with the developer. I'm trying to stay positive given the countless delays on the project and also the stories I have been hearing about the Templar Hotel. I purchased back in April of last year which ground breaking was supposed to happen more than a year ago, and really disappointed to see the sales office still sitting on the site with no signs of it being prepared to be moved or dismantled. I was also really frustrated by the lack of responsiveness and professionalism with the Sales Representative/Director of Development after I bought my unit, but luckily she is no longer with the developer and she has been replaced by someone who is very cooperative, and willing to listen and assist, so I have been feeling more optimistic now.
With the recent positive meeting with Adam Vaughan, I was told that the drawings for the heightened building are being finalized, and I am hoping that construction will start this fall which is the date I was last told.
I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited:
I apologize for sounding like a developer :)
I am indeed an actual purchaser and have no affiliation with the developer. I'm trying to stay positive given the countless delays on the project and also the stories I have been hearing about the Templar Hotel. I purchased back in April of last year which ground breaking was supposed to happen more than a year ago, and really disappointed to see the sales office still sitting on the site with no signs of it being prepared to be moved or dismantled.
With the recent positive meeting with Adam Vaughan, I was told that the drawings for the heightened building are being finalized, and I am hoping that construction will start this fall which is the date I was last told.
I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Fair enough. I can see how the Templar experience might need to be balanced by optimism.

I love that in the time this moderately-sized project has been on market, the Ritz, Maple-Leaf Square, Shangri-La, Four Seasons and Trump have all been (mostly) finished and occupied - even before this one has a shovel in the ground, let alone occupants. Haha. It'll be nice to see something start and hopefully the next phase will not face the same delays.

Back