Hwy 407 station
Much better! The concept is wonderful, the implementation sadly wanting

This is the wonderful part:
upload_2017-2-6_22-21-41.png

The ceiling looks like something out of the late fifties, and the rest we'll have to wait and see how it develops.

What's with the TTC's ceilings of late? Having an eternal bad hair day?

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-6_22-20-38.png
    upload_2017-2-6_22-20-38.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 246
  • upload_2017-2-6_22-21-41.png
    upload_2017-2-6_22-21-41.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 293
2016 Construction Year In Review
2016 was an exciting year for the TYSSE project as all six stations neared completion. Here is a review of some of the key achievements in 2016:
http://www.ttc.ca/Spadina/Project_News/Newsletters/News_by_Date/2017/January/2016_Year_In_Review.jsp

This is the part that made me laugh:
  • Downsview Park Station 97% Complete
  • Finch West Station 91% Complete
  • York University Station 92% Complete
  • Pioneer Village Station 96% Complete
  • Highway 407 Station 96% Complete
  • Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station 96% Complete

They just had to make Downsview Park be completed 1 percent more than the rest to brag about it :cool:

This is the part that made me laugh:
  • Highway 407 Station 96% Complete
I don't think the contractors themselves agree with those numbers. I have this on hearsay but a contractor working at 407 station says it is so far behind that it likely won't open for another 24 months, including the tracks. That's what he told a local restaurant owner in December.

Including the tracks? How is that even part of the station?

Even if the numbers are fudged it would take a substantial cover up to keep a 2-year delay from leaking at this point.

FAKE NEWS! ;)

The part of the cover-up I'm most interested in is how they've already run trains on the entire length of the extension.
Trains are running through Crossrail the entire length and stations are not due to be opened until 2018. The entire line not open until Dec 2019. It proves nothing either way, but running trains on the TYSSE proves nothing either way also.

Here's a vid from Sept 5, there's more up to date ones on the Crossrail website, can't be bothered digging them out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-new-Crossrail-route-London-transfixed.html

The part of the cover-up I'm most interested in is how they've already run trains on the entire length of the extension.

They haven't actually run a train on the whole of the line - that won't be until April.

But they've pushed/pulled cars through the tunnels a number of times now to check for clearances, and other than a couple of minor trouble spots that have since been corrected everything has been cleared for the static clearance gauge.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Trains are running through Crossrail the entire length and stations are not due to be opened until 2018. The entire line not open until Dec 2019. It proves nothing either way, but running trains on the TYSSE proves nothing either way also.

Well, it proves the tracks are fine, doesn't it?
What's odd about the story is that it says the station isn't finished AND the tracks, which are a separate construction project. If news came out they'd open the subway but for one station, well, OK. but the detail about the tracks undermines the rumour for me.

(Also, it's interesting that the 2 stations that were so far behind before have caught up. good on em!)

I don't think the contractors themselves agree with those numbers. I have this on hearsay but a contractor working at 407 station says it is so far behind that it likely won't open for another 24 months, including the tracks. That's what he told a local restaurant owner in December.

Most contractors on large construction projects are not in a position to know or understand things like this.

All you need is one overly-pessimistic construction worker sharing a bad rumour with a local businessman (in the Jane-7 area). I don't believe either part (track or 407 delay) of the rumour. The pictures I see of the 407 interior seem to show it's near completion. On the comment of two stations that were far behind and catching up, I think York U wins that contest. Recall how it sat idle for 8 or 9 months? I work for one of the subs on that particular station and know that many are astounded at the progress there.

Has there been a press tour of Finch West Station yet? If not, is there any news on when the sneak peak will happen?

Has there been a press tour of Finch West Station yet? If not, is there any news on when the sneak peak will happen?
Watch May Open Door Events, but you will have a real look at Oct Open House for all the new 6 stations.

Back