I know there work on the Yonge line for both ATO as well track work, but confuse on the Wilson Yard location. There is still work from Dupont to Finch for ATO with just over a year to go for full completion, but not the end of line closures.
Curently only from Dupont to Wislon sation is technicly usable under ATC. The test they did was from Dupont to Yorkdale. Willson yard has not yet been complted for ATC service and will be done by the fall of next yer. Everything north of Shepred West is ATC. The first set of crosovers notrh of Shpard West are at Finch west sation (York Univesty didn't want any at ther sation), and the furthust south from Willson yard is Lawrnce West that has a good are for shittle buses to pull into.

So with 'ghost' service beginning all the way to Vaughan Centre today, what happens if you 'forget' to exit the train at Sheppard West station? If I was a York student, I'd certainly try and 'fall asleep, or pull out my yoga mat, and start 'playing' where the operator couldn't see me.

So with 'ghost' service beginning all the way to Vaughan Centre today, what happens if you 'forget' to exit the train at Sheppard West station? If I was a York student, I'd certainly try and 'fall asleep, or pull out my yoga mat, and start 'playing' where the operator couldn't see me.
Not likely as the driver and guard will probably walk the train before they separate like they do when they turn one back. Plus on the Toronto rocket trains there are cameras in every car that both of them can see in the cab.

Not likely as the driver and guard will probably walk the train before they separate like they do when they turn one back. Plus on the Toronto rocket trains there are cameras in every car that both of them can see in the cab.

Even more reason to fake being asleep.

"What, What what? Oh, the train is out of service? Sorry" And then walk off.

There wouldn't be time in the schedule for them to walk the entire train - and then they'd have to do it again there, or at Vaughan before they go back, or else the driver's are in the wrong position. There can't be that many.

Even more reason to fake being asleep.

"What, What what? Oh, the train is out of service? Sorry" And then walk off.
It happens enough at terminals, especially at night. Though the advantage of praying, is that no one knows what to do, and are scared to death of making a religious offence. (I'm joking here BTW).

It must be obvious by now standing at Sheppard West for a couple of minutes after your train arrives, how they are operating this.

There wouldn't be time in the schedule for them to walk the entire train - and then they'd have to do it again there, or at Vaughan before they go back, or else the driver's are in the wrong position. There can't be that many.
Each one only goes halfway, I've seen them do it when they take a TR out of se4rvice for a service adjustment. Plus as I said the driver and guard can also see every car with the onboard cameras. They will probably likey also have the TTC info people out on the platform helping to clear the train too like they do when they do line closures.

Any idea as to when they’ll start using the window LEDs, and what will they say.

Apparently for some dumb reason those acreens aren't aoda compliant (?!) so until it gets fixed there's no schedule. Seriously how can you f_ck that up especially since there was a pilot tested out

I saw one turned on yesterday for the first time. It said "Line 2 to Kipling". Upper- and lower-case, just plain orange LED, not colour-coded.
Scrolling or non-scrolling? Take a pic when you see one.

It'll be useful to know the short-turn stations for all trains, as not all will go to Vaughan.

At first, I though this was a real picture. Too bad it’s just a new (?) render of the SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal:

At first, I though this was a real picture. Too bad it’s just a new (?) render of the SmartCentres Place Bus Terminal:

Yeah, from what I saw at the open house, it's not even remotely close to that level of progress.

I know they confirmed the middle-of-the-road Vivastation will open Dec 17th along with the subway - did they confirm if this is opening as well, or it's pushed to 2018? I thought it was pushed back.

Yeah, from what I saw at the open house, it's not even remotely close to that level of progress.

I know they confirmed the middle-of-the-road Vivastation will open Dec 17th along with the subway - did they confirm if this is opening as well, or it's pushed to 2018? I thought it was pushed back.
They said that it would have a partial opening, where the most extreme platforms won’t be completed.

Back