The Highway 407 Station too isn't a great connection since it only serves Highway 407 buses heading west, along with the Route 40.

I really believe/hope that that's temporary. Right now it seems like they're avoiding having their buses terminate at Highway 407 station (407 East buses can always serve York U before continuing to Highway 407). My guess is that the staff areas are not yet finished, so operators don't want to layover there.

I really believe/hope that that's temporary. Right now it seems like they're avoiding having their buses terminate at Highway 407 station (407 East buses can always serve York U before continuing to Highway 407). My guess is that the staff areas are not yet finished, so operators don't want to layover there.
And the extra $1.50 is still a burden to York U students, which should either be paid by the university (through tuition fees :p) or a specific pass for GTA transit agencies (Fare Integration for Students).

Done with step one, building the subway into Vaughan. Now we can start on step two, annexing Vaughan into Toronto.

Can't believe the price of transit fares up north. $4.00 cash fare for children over the age of one. (Children are 1 to 12. One child between the ages 1 to 5 may ride free with a paying adult. Children under one ride free.). See link. That's one reason they might want to be annexed.

Why? Is the world solely comprised of people who live it Toronto and those who want to be?

It's because the third rails are rusted over, probably for being unused for so long. I assume the sound will disappear over time.

The noise comes from the train wheels and the rails. I think the squeal gets less noticeable (or at least less distinct from the rest of the subway system) once the rails are worn in and coated with brake dust.

They underbuilt the bus terminal as the platforms likely would have only been used for 4 or 5 years before being useless. So buses stop on street until the LRT opens.

It's not underbuilt. It's built exactly how they need it to be. The 199 and 36 buses will be using it as their terminus, and the Keele buses will keep stopping on the street.

Maybe it's just my friend and I but when we stood outside and looked at York University station dead on it looked like a woman's parts.

You had the legs sticking out to the sides and the awkward placement of the glass windows which look almost like private parts in relation to everything else.

I joked that if we were not careful the station would start pushing out the baby and asked for stirrups.

20171217_190117.jpg

Attachments

• 20171217_190117.jpg
    20171217_190117.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 350
Maybe it's just my friend and I but when we stood outside and looked at York University station dead on it looked like a woman's parts.

You had the legs sticking out to the sides and the awkward placement of the glass windows which look almost like private parts in relation to everything else.

I joked that if we were not careful the station would start pushing out the baby and asked for stirrups.

View attachment 130602

https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.3090...79.625435&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

You cannot tell me that does not look like a toilet.

It seems that public buildings must be designed to inspire the dirty side of your mind.

View attachment 130602

The station is one day and and it's already perverted for me. Thanks!

I picked a bad day to try out my new alternate commute (snow was heavy and roads were a mess in the north west this a.m. so any road based transit was stuck in the muck as it were).....but a few comments.

1. BT really should do a better job of educating their drivers....saw a couple get on the 501A at Gore Road....headed for the subway....they clearly knew that the 501 has a direct subway link and the 501A does not (so they had done some research) with so much slowness and delays, I guess they hopped on the 501A hoping it did too...when they asked the driver he told them only the 501 has a direct subway link (I guess technically correct) but that this bus does get on campus at York and the "subway is not far".....they asked "how far"...he said "I don't know...about a 10 minute walk".....they pressed the stop request button and decided to wait for the next 501 at Highway 50 I guess;
2. The existing BT and VIVA bus stops are not that far from York station (you can see the station from the stop) but you do wonder why they weren't moved to be right in front of the station.
3. Did i miss something........no escalators down to gate level at York U? Not a problem for me but those are some pretty long/steep stairs and I can see some folks struggling with those....yes there is an elevator...but I would have thought escalators in both directions were warranted there.

Will have to try this alternate commute again when the weather is better.......but on bad days (like today) it loses out on timing in a big way to my typical 7 - 501- GO Train....although the 505-501(a/c) wins big on price.

Lots of thoughts but the big one for me is the platforms especially when riding through them. Stations look great when in them but very bland when passing through on the trains. The bare concrete walls make all six stations look the same from the train.

Back