The terminal is poorly designed. You have to walk outside quite a ways to the farthest bus platforms. Should have been a central pavilion.

^^ It doesn't, and there wasn't even supposed to be a terminal here in the first place. Buses were intended to connect at 407.

Well....looks like theres going to be a massive claim on the contractors and engineers. That's what you get with lowest bidder govt jobs

Well, they explicitly said in the story, multiple times, that it's under warranty for 10 years and will be patched up soon and so I doubt it's a massive claim of any kind. That's what happens when you sign proper contracts with contractors.

Anyway, I'm surprised this isn't a purposeful design feature of TTC stations. I don't think I've ever seen Finch Station without a few of these babies!
And even when they're interviewing Green, you can see the ceiling is open, so they're doing some work at Davisville too. Are we sure the repair backlog is only $33B?

Last edited:
The complainers fail to mention that the old stations are covered with tiles, which hide any stains or visible leakage. They should look at the bottom of the tiles in the older stations.

Well, they explicitly said in the story, multiple times, that it's under warranty for 10 years and will be patched up soon and so I doubt it's a massive claim of any kind. That's what happens when you sign proper contracts with contractors.

Anyway, I'm surprised this isn't a purposeful design feature of TTC stations. I don't think I've ever seen Finch Station without a few of these babies!
And even when they're interviewing Green, you can see the ceiling is open, so they're doing some work at Davisville too. Are we sure the repair backlog is only $33B?

well what happens after 10 years then? will they continuously patch up year after year and have this as part of the maintenance budget? even during the warranty period this is a potential cause for partial shutdowns for repair work.
this is clearly a design fault and they cant just sweep it under as part of warranty work. they need to find a permanent fix for this and/or file a claim for the shotty worksmanship

well what happens after 10 years then? will they continuously patch up year after year and have this as part of the maintenance budget? even during the warranty period this is a potential cause for partial shutdowns for repair work.
this is clearly a design fault and they cant just sweep it under as part of warranty work. they need to find a permanent fix for this and/or file a claim for the shotty worksmanship

Shrug. I guess you can call their legal team and so advise.
TTC explicitly said it's minor and not remotely a cause for shutdowns. They could be lying, but I have no proof that's the case. You're free to be upset about it but there's a lot of unsubstantiated assumptions there. And I say that as someone with fond memories of the lake that filled the station before the contractor hand-off, which you can see here. If there's an actual structural issue related to flooding, certainly no one is admitting it.

As I said above, TTC has a $30B+ repair backlog and there are some subway stations I've literally never been in when there aren't major repairs going on, particularly including leakage stains on the walls. It's almost enough to make you think it's an inherent part of building underground concrete boxes rather than a clear design fault...

Here's a shot of the Smart Centres Terminal construction:

SCTerminal.png

The station escalators are running but still not yet open, but the elevator is in service:

Untitledaa.png

Reactions: PMT
Here's a shot of the Smart Centres Terminal construction:

The station escalators are running but still not yet open, but the elevator is in service:

Is the second photo of the Smart Centre bus terminal or the VIVA station in the middle of highway 7. VIVA Orange should be stopping at the VIVA Station not Smart Centres terminal... Ughh that's way more complicated than it should be.

Is the second photo of the Smart Centre bus terminal or the VIVA station in the middle of highway 7. VIVA Orange should be stopping at the VIVA Station not Smart Centres terminal... Ughh that's way more complicated than it should be.
That makes more sense than running an operating escalator to a construction site.

Back