Why aren't they planning to relocate the Bombardier plant, and redevelop the airport itself? The Downsview airport lands are too valuable to remain in use as an airport.

Not to stray too far off track, but is anything p,annex for that empty section between the Allen neighborhood and the Chesswood neighborhood? That lands seems ripe for some office development or more residential.

Not to stray too far off track, but is anything p,annex for that empty section between the Allen neighborhood and the Chesswood neighborhood? That lands seems ripe for some office development or more residential.

It's not empty, it's a military facility

Why aren't they planning to relocate the Bombardier plant, and redevelop the airport itself? The Downsview airport lands are too valuable to remain in use as an airport.

It's not a fully functioning airport, it's only used for testing of Bombardier planes. The plant provides valuable jobs to the community but I do believe that it's days are numbered there as all of the plans for Downsview Park that I've seen have the runways removed and or paved over for pedestrian/vehicle use.

I noticed they signed Keele between Finch and Steeles for subway construction closures etc. Is there any chance they're going to pull an eglinton west subway line trick and dig the tunnels and then cancel the whole project?

The terminus at the Vaughan business park brings it close to some interesting places:

1) an Ikea
2) a Walmart
3) a really under used AMC googleplex
4) some night clubs and restaurants and pubs

Are there any Zellers or Walmarts on the subway line? Dufferin Mall's walmart is not bad of a walk. There's an Ikea on the Sheppard line. I don't much like that one as its always mega busy. The one up in Vaughan is more spacious.

Last edited:
I noticed they signed Keele between Finch and Steeles for subway construction closures etc. Is there any chance they're going to pull an eglinton west subway line trick and dig the tunnels and then cancel the whole project?

The terminus at the Vaughan business park brings it close to some interesting places:

1) an Ikea
2) a Walmart

Are there any Zellers or Walmarts on the subway line? Dufferin Mall's walmart is not bad of a walk. There's an Ikea on the Sheppard line. I don't much like that one as its always mega busy. The one up in Vaughan is more spacious.

There's a Zellers in the Lawerence Square (walking distance from Lawerence West Station)

Apparently TTC deferred a decisions on the new names for now. They're doing community consultations to bridge the time to the post-election commission meeting.
But I'd guess that once they've decided on "Downsview Park" station that they'll begin the process of changing over to Sheppard West.

It does sort of beg the question, however....if the Sheppard line is ever extended out to Downview (fat chance, I know), what's the station called then? Sheppard West-Allen? Downsview was a good catch-all name but Sheppard West isn't the best name for a Sheppard-line station.

It does sort of beg the question, however....if the Sheppard line is ever extended out to Downview (fat chance, I know), what's the station called then? Sheppard West-Allen? Downsview was a good catch-all name but Sheppard West isn't the best name for a Sheppard-line station.

How did they address the same issue when they built a Bloor subway line to come through an existing 'Bloor' station?

1) an Ikea
2) a Walmart

Hm, I dunno, I can't picture people going via the TTC to Ikea to buy furniture.

Ikea has loads of stuff you can carry on the subway, practically their whole ground floor. Kitchen gadgets, lamps, rugs, hangers.... And don't forget meatballs.

I've done exactly that, as a matter of fact, IKEA at Sheppard and Leslie area has a dedicated shuttle van between the Ikea and Leslie stn. I live downtown, and once bought an entire sofa-that-folds-into-a-bed contraption from that IKEA, and brought it all the way home exclusively on TTC, 3 subway lines and 2 streetcars :D

How did they address the same issue when they built a Bloor subway line to come through an existing 'Bloor' station?

It's called Bloor-Yonge, isn't it? (ie Bloor, if you're on the Yonge line and Yonge if you're on the Bloor line)

The mere fact that the most logical thing to do is to not rename Downsview until the extension is open suggests that TTC will do so sooner rather than later.

The mere fact that the most logical thing to do is to not rename Downsview until the extension is open suggests that TTC will do so sooner rather than later.

I'd say that's the LEAST logical thing to do. People are going to think that Dowsview Park = Downsview and end up at the wrong location.

Back