15 March 2014: This complex has a bunch of confused identities.
0tT8L90.jpg

Why not clad it completely like
RLhiwmO.jpg

all the way to the top, make it a minimalist square box and call it a day?

od4uGrs.jpg

Agreed that cladding the whole building in that grey stuff would have been nice but probably too expensive. This is Concord right.
Thanks for all the updates!

This complex has a bunch of confused identities.

First people were complaining about how monotonous City Place was. Now people are complaining about the diversity of the architecture...
One things for sure, no matter what gets built in this city people on UT are going to shit all over it.

First people were complaining about how monotonous City Place was. Now people are complaining about the diversity of the architecture...
One things for sure, no matter what gets built in this city people on UT are going to shit all over it.

I think you're misreading the criticism. This still isn't 'diverse architecture' - it's an extruded box like everything else in the nabe. That's fine. It's just a poorly executed extruded box – there's no unifying theme, the cladding is a jumbled mess.

I agree that cladding the whole thing in that dark, kind of sculptural precast would have been more interesting. (Though then there'd be complaints about too much grey, etc.) But even the fit & finish on that looks shabby – those vents punched in the precast are inelegant, and the gaps between each panel look really uneven on the right.

It's a shame they couldn't have placed the vents in the glazing units instead of separate from them; it would have made for a much cleaner look. I like the motif on those precast sections though.

I don't know - I don't hear a lot of people complaining about Theater Park or Delta or Ice, X2 etc so I don't think that's fair to say.

Last edited:
This area is becoming quite lively; lots of people about.

IMG_0794.jpg

Yards, Quartz, Spectra.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,325
  • Yards, Quartz, Spectra.jpg
    Yards, Quartz, Spectra.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,341

Back