Taken today:

IMG-20201108-WA0003-02.jpeg

Same view, uncropped:

IMG-20201108-WA0003-01.jpeg

I know we have St. James Park, Berczy, and The Esplanade in close proximity to this spot but I can't help but wish that they had decided to make this a public square instead. I think the building will be a useful addition to the neighbourhood, but I would love a thoughtful tribute to the area's history here that highlights the views of the Market and St. Lawrence Hall.

I know we have St. James Park, Berczy, and The Esplanade in close proximity to this spot but I can't help but wish that they had decided to make this a public square instead. I think the building will be a useful addition to the neighbourhood, but I would love a thoughtful tribute to the area's history here that highlights the views of the Market and St. Lawrence Hall.

Something I think would have been nice, given the high concentration of heritage properties here is to recreate the 1890 version of the North Market (with appropriate adjustments for modern amenities).

1604933134093.png

From: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/St._Lawrence_Market_by_Micklethwaite.jpg

But the history of this plot is as a market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back