Only if they had kept the original hight..................a supertall is needed in toronto

height does not make right

i do appreciate supertall building myself (that is of course the cn tower's crowning achievement, not to mention the gorgeous structures of chicago and new york).

still, what i appreciate even more is architectural sophistication. i think toronto, and any city for that matter, is appreciated much more for its aesthetic value than the height of its skyscrapers.

we still have alot of empty lots and disgusting buildings from the 1970's that need to be fixed. but i'd rather them be filled with distinctly toronto gems. maybe a couple more parks too?

As promised here is the stacking plan - please note this is about a year old, so there may have been some changes since then.

3119436276_f537949883_o.png

3119436128_c185010ae5_o.jpg

Thanks for that Mike! It makes one wonder whether the quote below includes the 2 basement levels in the total number of floors in the building...

“With the ground floor almost complete, construction crews begin with the second floor in January,†says Marc Bohemier, Senior Project Superintendent, Lewis Builds. “At this time, we will also be installing the Automatic Climbing System (ACS) to help construction of the core walls, and to ensure efficient and swift floor development from floors three to 59.â€

...or maybe, as you say, things may have changed since the stacking plan was published. Trumptoronto - can you confirm or correct the details?

So can someone explain to me how that ignore list works again :)

unless you have something more substantial to back up your statement .... let me introduce to you ....... enough is enough (of stump rumours) :confused:

let me welcome you by saying ****-off.

Solaris ... you're just encouraging him now :)
His comment need not be replied too. Only cunning remarks may be made ... see mine above :D

Unfortunately, whether Insider is actually an insider or not, he is not far off the mark. Contractions in the credit market have made it nearly impossible for developers who are not yet in construction mode, or for those who are not yet out of the ground (like Trump and Shangri La) to obtain further financing for construction. These construction credit lines are, as we know, linked to the number of pre-sold units. Lenders fear, and correctly so, that buyers will walk away from their deposits (which has now started to happen at an accelerating pace) and that developers will be in breach of debt covenants (i.e. the ratios of pre-sold and committed units to required construction financing). As a result, credit becomes at best very expensive or and at worst unobtainable.

Because developers/builders are not allowed by the city (for safety reasons) to walk away from open excavations, we will see Shangri La and Trump completed to ground level, at which point we will see, almost certainly for the case of Shangri La, a pause in construction, until such time as the lenders and the developes have a better sense of the economic outlook.

Given that the overall economic and financial situation continues to deteriorate we can be certain that at least a few, and perhaps many, of those projects that are not yet a few storeys up, will be put on hold or cancelled. Most vulnerable on this list are Trump and Shangri La, but I would include also Couture, L Tower, Tridel's Front St project, and even Ice, Hullmark and many others in the 30-40 storey range. I'm not suggesting that all of these will be put on the shelf but that (on an probabilistic basis) many of them will not see completion in this current cycle.

Unfortunately, whether Insider is actually an insider or not, he is not far off the mark. Contractions in the credit market have made it nearly impossible for developers who are not yet in construction mode, or for those who are not yet out of the ground (like Trump and Shangri La) to obtain further financing for construction.

"Nearly impossible" can mean nearly anything. Sure, it's tougher to get financing, but it's not impossible. Projects are getting financing.

Given that the overall economic and financial situation continues to deteriorate we can be certain that at least a few, and perhaps many, of those projects that are not yet a few storeys up, will be put on hold or cancelled. Most vulnerable on this list are Trump and Shangri La, but I would include also Couture, L Tower, Tridel's Front St project, and even Ice, Hullmark and many others in the 30-40 storey range. I'm not suggesting that all of these will be put on the shelf but that (on an probabilistic basis) many of them will not see completion in this current cycle.

I agree for the most part. Obviously this is a nightmare situation if you're trying to go out and get financing. If GE is having trouble borrowing, I can only imagine how difficult it is for a local condo developer building a speculative building. That's why I think the developers with the strong, proven sales records like Tridel will probably have more luck. There's obviously also a huge advantage for buildings with shovels in the ground, like Trump. I would be shocked if most of those other projects weren't at the very least postponed.

As for Trump, they haven't invested that much since the basement is relatively shallow. Since they're just getting to the surface now, might they be content to finish the parking garage and leave the tower for some point in the future? I'd worry about Shnaider's finances, considering that Oleg Deripaska has been getting hit with margin calls left and right.

Omg can we please stop with this BS!?! It's going ahead as planned. There has been NO evidence to say this building is not going to be built. Any newbie who comes here and says it's not going to be built should just be banned immediately IMO.

Back