There are zero car elevators in the floorplans
Trump1.png

Last edited:
I don't think there are any car lifts in the building either. The old Sapphire building was supposed to have them though.
There is a valet elevator.

Maybe it will be parallel parking all along the outer edges of each level, including the ramps themselves?

I don't think there are any car lifts in the building either. The old Sapphire building was supposed to have them though.
There is a valet elevator.

Maybe it will be parallel parking all along the outer edges of each level, including the ramps themselves?

The building has ramps because it will be set up as a normal garage. Each parking space will have its own stack parker, which doubles the amount of parking in the garage. They can also make twice as much dough...

I heard they are using them. They're found throughout Toronto buildings...

I see. Thought you ment elevator when you said lift.

or park(ing) stacker

Tomayto/Tomatto

I don't think there are any buildings in Toronto with car elevators, although I could be wrong. The city has barely opened its eyes to simple parking lifts/stackers...

I love that picture of Mel... he looks like he's about to have a stroke! or maybe he's just practicing saying "nobody"!

I get a bit annoyed every time I hear that phrase, because it was almost directly lifted from a car dealership, Scomoroh Motors, from my old home town of Dryden, Ontario. Back in the 1960s and early 1970s, they would regularly run radio commercials that always ended with a deep gravelly voice saying "Nobody beats our prices...Nooobody!" These ads ran thoughout northwestern Ontario and Manitoba, and were later copied by a Winnipeg business (cannot remember the name) in the 1970s, and eventually modified in ads run by Bad Boy Furniture, starting I believe in the early 1990s.

I get a bit annoyed every time I hear that phrase, because it was almost directly lifted from a car dealership, Scomoroh Motors, from my old home town of Dryden, Ontario. Back in the 1960s and early 1970s, they would regularly run radio commercials that always ended with a deep gravelly voice saying "Nobody beats our prices...Nooobody!" These ads ran thoughout northwestern Ontario and Manitoba, and were later copied by a Winnipeg business (cannot remember the name) in the 1970s, and eventually modified in ads run by Bad Boy Furniture, starting I believe in the early 1990s.

Mel Lastman opened Bad Boy back in 1955, and while I haven't been around that long myself, I can remember Lastman hollering "noooobody" on the tv and radio since my childhood. It wouldn't have been lifted from Dryden - it's just plain old ad-speak.

Tomayto/Tomatto

I don't think there are any buildings in Toronto with car elevators, although I could be wrong. The city has barely opened its eyes to simple parking lifts/stackers...

102 Bloor West has a car elevator. It's the only way in and out of the garage. Must be a real drag when it breaks down. It opens onto Critchley Lane at the rear of the building.

Tomayto/Tomatto

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't think there are any buildings in Toronto with car elevators, although I could be wrong. The city has barely opened its eyes to simple parking lifts/stackers

No need to pull a Hume on Toronto. Stackers and elevators are becoming quite common in newly built and proposed urban infill.

Mel Lastman opened Bad Boy back in 1955, and while I haven't been around that long myself, I can remember Lastman hollering "noooobody" on the tv and radio since my childhood. It wouldn't have been lifted from Dryden - it's just plain old ad-speak.

I much prefer the early 70s radio version: "NOBODY! BEATS! BAD BOY!" over tinny electronic effects straight out of a Z-grade Martian-invasion movie

Back