However, there will also be a slowdown as they get to the top of the hotel suite floors and then construct the various hotel spa, residential skylobby and mid-rise mechanical room floors.

The higher up they go the longer it takes to carry materials up so that will slow things down. Lifting stuff by crane 700 feet up takes longer than lifting something 100 feet.

Agreed. This time last year Trump wasn't quite out of the ground, yet. Shangri-La still has a month or two (or three?) to go to get to that stage.

Dec 12 Visit

A lot a steel been added at the opening and something is coming.
IMG_dec-12-09-0215.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0216.jpg

More sections been added to the lifts
IMG_dec-12-09-0212.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0214.jpg

Great shots and great news about the steel!... I noticed in the shots that the steel is situated PARALLEL to the ground (not the slanted parking levels)... this will make the building look a little less sloppy with all of its slanted floors... I smell cladding on the way... hopefully.. (cause we've been saying that for months :rolleyes:)

I noticed in the shots that the steel is situated PARALLEL to the ground (not the slanted parking levels)

Good eye, steveve!

Judging by the preparation work done so far on the lower levels, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the cladding begin within the next two weeks or so.

Thanks for the pics, drum.

Please God Tell Me This Isn't The Cladding

Uninteligible Green and Black. Please Please Please let this be insulation!!!!

Third Floor North West Corner

dsc01744e.jpg

Rendering - I can't see the similarities

trump1w.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure where it was in this long thread, but I recall someone saying a while back that the cladding at the base would be a dark granite. Supposedly, the rendering above is old and inaccurate and has been for a while.

I'm not sure where it was in this long thread, but I recall someone saying a while back that the cladding at the base would be a dark granite. Supposedly, the rendering above is old and inaccurate and has been for a while.

Look closely at that render... The glass of the windows on that corner have a greenish and black component. All that's missing in the actual photo above is the silver mullions that criss-cross the glass. I'm sure they will be added later.That is only the glass portion... No granite yet... So let's just hold our collective breath.

:D

That glass actually looks pretty good too!

That round shower-enclosure thing that used to be on top of the hoarding makes sense now. I'm assuming they'll have a rounded glass feature running up the corner of the building.

And it looks a little off right now, but I'm sure once more of it is up and the snap caps are on everything will look a lot sharper. It's probably only going to be black glass in a few spots anyway, I'm guessing it'll mostly be dark tinted everywhere else

Edit: And looking at the anchors it looks like this is pretty much exactly what the rendering shows. Next up should be a small vent, then two wider vision unit, and another vent, followed by granite. What I'm curious about is if they've incorporated the granite into a curtainwall frame, which looks to be the case based on the anchors. If so, they might get some stone up today

Last edited:

Back