Yes, great shots everyone. How sad about the eastern wall though!! I doubt that they will but any idea if they will at least attempt to fill in those those blank expanses of granite wall with some fake windows?!? Probably too late now.

In that last photo by Steveve, when Trump rises with that vibrant green, its going to really stand out amongst BAC and Scotia in an awesome way! Just wait until the setting sun strikes it :)

Fake windows like on the two towers at Yonge and Carlton would have been nice. And those light green opaque bands in between floors are unfortunate. Makes it look like Chrystal Blu. The Bay-Adelaide Centre handles the between-floor sections much more elegantly.

I'm liking the how the building footprint changes to a curvalinear geometry on the north elevation from the boxy podium ... but I'm a little reseverd about the powder green spandrel colour ~ maybe it'll grow on me later, but for now I'm not very fond of it

Other than the poor handling of the east side, I think it's safe now to say that this building is going to turn out quite nice. It will be a fine and uniquely-styled (for Toronto) addition to the financial district. Looking forward to seeing the quarter onion up top.

Other than the fact that the lower East facade wants to make me gouge out my own eyes, I think it defines a whole new form of architecture....

Po-Brute

Yes, that's right, Post-Brutalism. A sickening cross of Post-Modernism and Brutalism. It has all the appeal and utilitarian design sensibility of the backside of a hospital.

4571181616_3b237da723_b.jpg

Courtesy Steveve

I say BLECH :p

But the curves and the set-backs are fun! Thanks for all the great photo updates guys.

:)

Last edited:
Don't think any of us will live long enough to see BA2 go up.....

haha! I will! :D (hopefully :p).. and in that shot above, i noticed that when/if Bay Adelaide 2 goes up, We will loose this/alot of this view... but if you think of it, its kinda a good thing cause it will cover up the ugly east side (if your standing on temperance)... I personally thing the currently-clad- upper east side is looking better with all the windows, even though it doesn't change the fact that it is still bare, I think in contrast with the new cladding going up on the north side, it could be kinda cool/refreshing to see the curved part clad in glass and the straight part in granite...

If Bay Adelaide 3/North is built and is partially residential, it will be cool to have a residential community overlooking Arnell Plaza and Cloud Gardens in the financial district!

Trump will definitely stand out in contrast to bay Adelaide and scotia just because the green is SO strong... i'm anxiously waiting for the curved lantern at the top :D!

ok, today i like Trump... given the latest pics.

just kidding. still stinks. there are midrise hilton & marriott hotels in mississauga & vaughan with more achitectural pizzaz!

Yup, time to join the bandwagon and weigh in on this one architecturally, since it's 99% finished now!

Back