Thanks for the picture. The way the floors seem to get taller roughly 1/3 of the way up (or about 7 floors above the stone cladding) is a little bizarre.

^ Higher ceilings for mechanical, amenity, and residential levels perhaps?

Jan 09 visit
5341378430_b450ed0494_b.jpg

It looks like they fixed those glass pieces that looked out of place, or is it just the angle and light hitting the side of the building?

Last edited:
From my vantage point I can only see a sliver of the east side of Trump behind BAC, but I can see the crane being cranked up about every three or four weeks so it is indeed moving up at a fevered pace.

In the interests of additional angst reduction here is another photo. And revolta, you haven't been paying attention, this thing has grown a lot in the last couple of months.

5453449237_706b8d146b_b.jpg

holy amazing angle!!! :D
trump is moving at a steady pace, but nowhere near as fast as shangri-la or a four seasons. the tower is more complex than it looks. high ceilings, lots of columns, thick slabs, etc.

and in this shot, take away bay adelaide and you can see how much this tower towers over everything north. wow. i'd say trump is about 180-190m right now.

How many more floors to go?

i'd say there on the 48th level now. which leaves about 12 floors to go. but that doesn't say anything about top off. the transition floors on the 54th/56th levels are suppose to take a long time to pour. and the ceilings will definetly vary on the uppermost levels.

How many more floors to go?

Yes. There are about 12-13 floors to go... by the end of spring the concrete pour should be done. They have some fun logistical challenges as the crane at the top will be dismantled with another crane and putting the titanium onion dome and spire on.

And in regards to higher floors form another post, yes, the ceiling heights at the top of the building get higher, the higher the building goes. The two large penthouse residences at the top have 13' ft high ceilings... and the three-story penthouse I believe has a 22-ft high ceiling in one section, if not higher. The top level of that suite is actually inside the base of the spire on the corner--which makes for a pretty amazing master bedroom.

Yes. There are about 12-13 floors to go... by the end of spring the concrete pour should be done. They have some fun logistical challenges as the crane at the top will be dismantled with another crane and putting the titanium onion dome and spire on.

And in regards to higher floors form another post, yes, the ceiling heights at the top of the building get higher, the higher the building goes. The two large penthouse residences at the top have 13' ft high ceilings... and the three-story penthouse I believe has a 22-ft high ceiling in one section, if not higher. The top level of that suite is actually inside the base of the spire on the corner--which makes for a pretty amazing master bedroom.

Is the glass of the onion dome going to be transparent or the same as what we're seeing on the upper portion of the tower? I've also wondered, are they actually going to have that cut, angular glass in the onion dome? There looks like a lot of nice detailing in that section in the renderings, but can we realistically expect this?

he top level of that suite is actually inside the base of the spire on the corner--which makes for a pretty amazing master bedroom.

really?!!?!!! wow. that's amazing. (i believe there are stairs leading up to the room too). has the penthouse been purchased already? (and for how much!)

It's actually quite nice to see the green glass in that view in the second picture that Jasonzed took. Makes for a good contrast to the adjacent buildings.

wow. talk about a nice shot ^^^
interesting how the shadows make trump look skinnier than it already is.
and FCP, as always, looks photoshopped lol!

Back