That render (which people keep posting for some inexplicable reason) is outdated. This is the latest rendering:

trump06re03_317581artw.jpg

No more setbacks.

sorry for a double post, but it seems like that render isn't true only in the sense of the curved facade. in the render it looks like the curved facade is straightened out when the major setback on the east side comes into play. it's hard to tell with my eyes.
and i hate that render. the proportion is way retarded. it's just weird.

What we've gotten so far actually matches the right (old) rendering more closely than the left (new) one.

I like the taller, more slender onion dome in the (supposedely) current render. For some reason I had thought it was a small and stumpy addition to the roof, but this looks majestic. I am really liking this building. I constantly read people bashing it on here, but I love how slender it is, I love the mix of granite and glass, and I love the overall design and do not find it "90's" at all. I think a lot of haters will have become admirers by time this tops out.

I like the taller, more slender onion dome in the (supposedely) current render. For some reason I had thought it was a small and stumpy addition to the roof, but this looks majestic. I am really liking this building. I constantly read people bashing it on here, but I love how slender it is, I love the mix of granite and glass, and I love the overall design and do not find it "90's" at all. I think a lot of haters will have become admirers by time this tops out.

I agree, we are so lucky to have this 1/2 billion dollar structure built here in Toronto, after all the delays, financial situations and re-designs.:)

Construction Update!

Construction update for Trump Toronto - found on their Facebook page!

[video=facebook;137583599637041]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=137583599637041[/video]

I dont think anyone knows what the final product will look like...i still expect another setback somewhere after the next 2-3 poured concrete floors.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have been and are involved in the project - there are lots of people who know what the final product will look like.

pics from today.....

5471921181_dc8288650b_b.jpg

5471921417_1d1f358e88_b.jpg

5471921659_86012e29a4_b.jpg

okay. terrific. the mechanical levels on the north side have been covered up. cladding IS progressing, contrary to popular belief. and in that first shot, I say 4 more floors and it'll look taller than Bay Adelaide for sure.and hopefully the worst has past, with granite essentially done (aside from the ground floor on the north side). haters can take it all in, and breathe a bit now.

construction should be pretty boring now (aside from some possible setbacks) all the way up... From here, the next big thing is the onion dome. (and of course more glass). and more glass will = class!!!

As for final product - I took a screenshot of the project from the Facebook post.

5472028539_fda92d1206_b.jpg

okay. terrific. the mechanical levels on the north side have been covered up. cladding IS progressing, contrary to popular belief. and in that first shot, I say 4 more floors and it'll look taller than Bay Adelaide for sure.and hopefully the worst has past, with granite essentially done (aside from the ground floor on the north side). haters can take it all in, and breathe a bit now.

construction should be pretty boring now (aside from some possible setbacks) all the way up... From here, the next big thing is the onion dome. (and of course more glass). and more glass will = class!!!

We've been having fun waving at the folks now occupying offices on the lowest floor of the Trump (first floor above the parking garages) from across the street at the Canada Permanent. They'll wave back if they spot you.

^^^ well that would be great if we get that original proposal, but the concern is that this rendering shown in the video is out of date even if it is still being published as recently as today. It shows the original 65 storey render while clearly mentioning 60 storeys in reference to the revised height. And thus the confusion as to what we will end up with...

Last edited:

Back