Sept 24: Trump with banner - also note, the spire has been raised

I think that the spire in that image is only partway through the raise. The tip of it is intended to be higher than the roof of Scotia Plaza, which is clearly not the case in that image. I am looking forward to images and videos of the fully-extended spire.

I just did a 360 walk around trump.... Took a hundred photos, and tis epic... Streets closed everywhere, cops everywhere.... Awesome stuff, and yes, an hour ago, all I saw was that the spire was up to the top of the scaffolding cage, so no full erection... I'll check the roof in an hour to see if it was jacked further, and upload the photos when I get home,,,,

Btw: I really do think it might be jacked all the way today, considering the massive road closures, it'll be a mess if they do it again,

It is indeed rising slowly. The following two photos were taken at 3:30 & 5:30 pm (respectively) from my POV. It was a little hazy when I took the 3:30 shot.

UPDATE
I can confirm 100% that the spire has been further raised past the scaffolding!!!!! I took a picture but can't post it right now... But it's not it's full height yet! It will rise further!

Progress as of 5:40 PM

6178747085_39efca8ba0_o.jpg

I was walking in the area a few hours ago and spoke with one of the construction workers directing pedestrians around the immediate area. He said that the plan was to have the process finished by 7 tonight. I wonder if that'll still be the case seeing that it still has about 3 storeys left to go, according to nicetommy's pic ^. I'm gonna go back again in a couple hours to see the progress.

Sat. Sept. 24th - It is indeed rising slowly. The following two photos were taken at 3:30 & 5:30 pm (respectively) from my POV. It was a little hazy when I took the 3:30 shot.

This thing is smokin' now (6:20pm) -

Sunday Sept. 25th

Last edited:
Seems they haven't installed any glass lately. Figure they are waiting till the spire is done and the cranes are disassembled? Or is my observation of glass not being installed anymore incorrect?

Back