Trump Toronto in Simcity 4:

index.php
index.php

rHgCG.jpg

Download here: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/3994-trump-international-hotel-tower-toronto/

Not a fan of the blank granite sections on the east wall, but the mismatched floor heights don't bother me. Whoever said a building has to have floors of the same height throughout?

So, please humour me as a newbie who hasn't been in on the debates. That wall does look a bit peculiar to me. I presume that whatever is behind it would look worse if there were windows. So, is that a reasonable guess? What is located behind that wall? Does anybody know? Thanks in advance.

As I understand it, there are seven floors of parking behind them thar walls. Not all architects treat the presence of stacked parking levels as some sort of dirty little secret that has to be hidden, or disguised as something else, however. There's little point in interrupting threads on Toronto buildings like this one with pictures of other structures on other sites or in other countries and saying "see, it should have been done like this!" because every project is different, but other designers have produced attractive parking structures that don't employ either dead-eyed fake windows that are supposed to look like residential windows or indented "ghost" windows of the sort we see on the east side of Trump ... so it can be done.

There's nothing inherently wrong, I suppose, with "ghost" windows as a design statement. In another age, in another context, they were quite common, and accepted in their time, and are now interesting historical elements - between 1696 and 1851 in England there was a tax on the number of windows on buildings and such spaces were left so that real windows could be added later when the tax was removed.

Thats an incredible shot even with a good camera - with a phone camera its unbelieveable - is the the new Bold?

Nope - the torch. It's got some challenges, but it's growing on me.

"Suits bar" what a horrible name and logo!!!

Of course the restaurant's (STOCK) logo isn't much better
stock_logo.jpg

"STOCK" is located on the 31 floor, i hope there will be a bit of a bar lounge area up there too. Lobby bars are great for a quick drink , not so much if you want to make an evening of it.

It's really too bad there isn't any outdoor dining space. Trump Chicago has a bar/ lounge on the 16th floor over looking the Mag mile and lake and of course the beautiful buildings near by. It seemed a hell of a lot higher than 16 floors , It was one of the greatest outdoor terraces i have ever drank on.

1ou6br.jpg
[/IMG]

Two things jump out at me. First, I thought it actually read as "SLUTS". Second, the letters themselves seem to form shapes of people really going at it (the T & S at the end look like some serious backdoor action going on). Is this some sort of subliminal message designed to say that if you drink here, group sex awaits? With sluts?

Brought to mind this actually.

Two things jump out at me. First, I thought it actually read as "SLUTS". Second, the letters themselves seem to form shapes of people really going at it (the T & S at the end look like some serious backdoor action going on). Is this some sort of subliminal message designed to say that if you drink here, group sex awaits? With sluts?

Brought to mind this actually.

..do they serve martinis?.. Just wondering

"STOCK" is located on the 31 floor, i hope there will be a bit of a bar lounge area up there too. Lobby bars are great for a quick drink , not so much if you want to make an evening of it.

It's really too bad there isn't any outdoor dining space.

There is an outdoor dining space at Stock - that's the lower balcony you can see hanging off the south side halfway up. We took pictures on it when we toured back in the summer.

That Suits logo is awful, and the name is just as bad.

Outdoor dining at 31 storeys? Wow! Not for me haha.

You'd better start liking it, as Mr. Donald Trump demands it or he'll fire your ass :B

uhhh...no, given the drama surrounding this building (i.e. its mediocrity) and now the silly name (and logo) of the resto/bar, it's Trump who'll be fired! All of us have 'quit' Trump before he could say "you're fired".

Back