STOCK will be back on the hotel website. They just relaunched a new website for the entire Trump Hotel Collection and adding back in new/updated content as they move along. It's a work in progress.

I can understand that. I stayed there one night last year. i found the entire hotel very bland for 5 star Ritz Carlton, including the restaurant and bar/lounge areas. The service i found wasn't up to 5 star standards either. i received better service at the Marriott. At the lobby bar my friend ordered some kind of Cosmopolitan, i think it was a blood orange, and the young bartender didn't know how to make it, she had to get the manager over to show her how. A hotel of this calibre should have mixologists working behind the bar not university students.

I'm looking forward to trying STOCK. Chocolate lab sounds interesting

Hey trumptoronto is there a reason why the restaurant ( STOCK ) has been removed from the official Trump Toronto Hotel home page???

Here is STOCK home page. http://www.stockrestaurant.com/ Not sure why its no longer on the hotel home page?

Maybe the terrace is not ready yet and it's still a construction site. They don't want a view of it from the resto yet.
Yes, exactly. The section of the balcony that was left out for the hoist was only poured about a week ago.

Toronto and New York Comparisons... even the interviewer knows...

[video=youtube;ckxubiGIil0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxubiGIil0[/video]

Walking through Commerce Court today. From this location, the south elevation of Trump (residential floors) looks horrible. The frames of the operable windows were reflecting the bright sun...the building looks cheap.

Walking through Commerce Court today. From this location, the south elevation of Trump (residential floors) looks horrible. The frames of the operable windows were reflecting the bright sun...the building looks cheap.

i will truthfully agree with that. from the directly south side, firstly, this thing doesn't look good to begin with, and to add to that, you see those ugly cutouts.

Walked past at lunchtime today. LEDs have gone higher up the NW side. No pics though, as I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to cellphones and cameras! ;)

Last edited:

The problem is that the building is unfinished, and thus not yet clean. Once clean and gleaming, the operable windows may be a nice detail on the sleek facade. Clean windows will reflect more light, and thus there won't be as much of a contrast with the light reflecting off the frames.

Trump and Scotiaplaza - another perspective

7l9fv.jpg

The old BNS building is looking good--the only older survivor at that corner. Trump just looks kinda meh from this angle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back