I think the biggest disappointment is the big, ugly, grey box on top and that stupid crow's nest. If they would have covered the mechanicals with the green glass going straight up, it would have looked much better.

This Janus-faced tower is particularly irksome because it's actually quite passable when viewed from the west (about University or so). But from most other angles it's just gross.

Great pics Steve!

If anyone has a spare $2.3 million laying around, there is a terrace suite for sale. http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-real-estate/2013/06/21/condo-of-the-week-311-bay-street/

cotw-311-bay-intro.jpg

Looks nice but how often would one use a deck like that considering how windy it must be most of the time?

Maybe I'm just a sucker for views, but it would take some pretty adverse weather to keep me off of that terrace. I can't see the novelty of that view ever wearing off for me, though others might feel different.

Haha that is true, it was pretty windy that day - the light fixtures were even swaying. That wasn't a very outdoorsy crowd though...

Maybe I'm just a sucker for views, but it would take some pretty adverse weather to keep me off of that terrace. I can't see the novelty of that view ever wearing off for me, though others might feel different.
The view is extremely important in my opinion. The view affects your emotions, it can inspire you or it can depress you.

The pictures are amazkng!
But this building disappoints due to lack of height.

I wouldn't say it lacks height (it's still the '2nd tallest' building in Canada), what sad is how unfortunate it is being sandwiched in between 2 massive skyscrapers and being built on such a tiny piece of land. but ya, Trump would have been alot greater had its roof height been ever so slightly taller.

Say what you want about the Trump tower, that is one badass condo.

+1. As i've said before, the interiors of this building are bar none, not to mention the suite layouts are very well designed imo. Definitely a controversial but unique property. Living in one of these units and having these views must be pretty awesome.

^ Yes but you are crazy. At Beyond The Sea you were one of two (me) that went out in that storm. The other 100+ didn't dare.

Haha that is true, it was pretty windy that day - the light fixtures were even swaying. That wasn't a very outdoorsy crowd though...

Uh, there were quite a few out there… so nope, that's not true.

Jus' sayin'.

I wouldn't say it lacks height (it's still the '2nd tallest' building in Canada)

I'm glad that emporis.com does not recognize it that way. The spire is a complete cheat on the height ranking. Why fixate on it?

Back