Dan, I hope the design isn't cheapened as well. I definitely preferred Trump's old rendering with the nice looking setbacks and all. I'm really curious to know how the spire will turn out.

I don't give this one much credit and what it does, but the sheer density and height of this area makes it looks as close to the New York feel we have. I just hope this one didn't get "cheapened" slightly like the lame rendering seems to show.

I'm not terribly fond of the "new" (over a year old) building rendering necessarily either... but it's the only one we have. I'm definitely much more fond of the original rendering we did five years ago.

However, that being said, the granite cladding on the bottom of the building is going to look much nicer than the original limestone that was spec'd. Nothing has been cheapened... honestly, it's going to be an even nicer building than when we announced it in 2004.

After all these years, it's exciting to see the building taking shape and heading upwards!

^Definitely. Nothing exactly like this has been built in Toronto before and should make a nice addition. I hope it does turn out as well as you say.

God, a "significant" real estate agent told me that they are just doing the garage... I was disappointed in him.

Yeah, somehow I don't think they put on the climbing panels so that they could go up two more floors. Also wouldn't make any sense to stop once the hotel's done, since all of the money is in the condos, not the hotel

I predict they'll cap this stub somewhere around the 60th floor.

Update from above

From the 8th Floor - 320 Bay

dsc01636i.jpg

From the 10th Floor

dsc01638x.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Geekaroo.

Has anyone looked at the steel girders being installed in the delivery entrance off of Bay Street? It looks like only really skinny trucks will be able to gain access to the basement and the turntable. Any insight?

Groovy construction method, I love seeing the construction pics.

Ok fine THIS is the last floor... then they are capping it.

:rolleyes:

I am expecting my invitation to the capping ceremonies very soon. I will share it when I get it. I can see the headlines now though: "7 Stories of luxury parking and construction for the building is now complete, Join us for the grand opening and bring your car!!" :rolleyes:

Back