Given that "green" = frogs, I'd wonder if there'd be some kind of "Freedom Fries"-type anti-French bigotry here...

'Wetback' is a derogatory term for illegal Mexicans in America. That's probably what you're thinking about.

I know that term. It was probably that term in my subconscious mind that triggered the reaction; the whole somethingback terminology.

^Nice shot. Trump is rising above his neighbours. Trump excited. Soon neighbours will have Trump-envy.

grey, nice pic, nice view. I first seen it on skyscraper.com tracked you down to this site. Are you photographing from BMO or TD Centre? Also from what height? You look to be up around the 30-40th flr?

Everyone seems to be coining their own name for the colour, shade, tint, or hue of the new spandrel portion of Trump's glass.

From the first moment I saw it, I was reminded of one thing... MONEY. U.S money to be exact. I know the shade isn't the same but the overall feel, to me is the green of the "Greenbacks". Since this is The Donald's project, I think he approved the glass for that very reason.

Therefore, I suggest we refer to this colour as "Greenback" from now on.

:D

"The most restful shade of green" ...Addie Ross, A Letter To Three Wives (1949)

Back