I got more

sany0030.jpg

It's early but ... the pictures make the building look decent, but in person ... it's a different story.

The worst part of the building so far can be seen from the east side - with a mishmash of windows and as some of mentioned the colour of the granite really really resembles our side walks ...

It's possible the rest of the building will be OK though, the base has be worried.

The cladding is fine. You're seeing this building getting built in winter as most of the cladding has gone up. People are once again, overreacting.

I think as this thing gets taller you're going to notice that lower section on the east side less and less. The ground level should also be fairly animated, with the driveway, lobby, and bar all opening to the street. I'm staying optimistic

great summary of all the fun facts Cal! And you're right about it starting to dominate... its overtaken all of the lower-mid rise buildings along the stretch of Bay (aside from the Bay Adelaide Centre of course)... Its up for some fresh air on the skyline!

I'm not sure if wyliepoon posted this already but he got a great shot of the financial district with Trumps crane popping out!

******look closely and you'll see a bit of the tower :D

By wyliepoon on Flickr:
4446142703_4067dda77e_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyliepoon/4446142703/sizes/l/

It's kinda interesting to see that the Bay-Adelaide Centre, which has the floorplate similar to that of BMO, is only going to be about 75% up the height of the finished Trump Tower which has a very small floorplate.
BA=Short and stout
Trump Tower=Tall and thin!! ;)

Back