June 6 from St Clair
5808822358_a46c2a04e8_b.jpg

5808259773_176c87ab3e_b.jpg

Heading out last night on the LSE GO, this was the first time I had noticed that the Trump has now surpassed the Bay Adelaide Centre in height, at least from that perspective.

I'm just glad this tower isn't greyish glass, with grey spandrel and grey painted aluminum trim. I'm so glad when I actually see some colour or full on black. I hope our grey fixation, soon comes to an end.

I'm just glad this tower isn't greyish glass, with grey spandrel and grey painted aluminum trim. I'm so glad when I actually see some colour or full on black. I hope our grey fixation, soon comes to an end.

Oh, I can only dream this might be a reality soon. First the precast then green windows and now grey. Really, what's next?

If you look closely at the SW corner, you can see the setback for the L54 terrace.

awesome pic!... so there IS a setback and hopefully more to come with the super penthouses...

and looking at the north-west portion/corner of Level 54 (the floor being poured), it looks like the ceilings are taller that the rest of the floor.... AND, i don't see anything being poured on the north side (at least that you can see), does this mean the ONION DOME base has started, and there will be a setback on the north side? or is it just me?

Maybe they moved the major setback on the northside in this render, up closer to the top,

2_trump_tower.jpg

The ceilings are not taller. That's just an optical illusion because of the SW terrace setback. There is a setback at the NE corner, also for a terrace. You can see this if you follow the north face. It stops abruptly about 1/3 of the way to the east. That's where the north terrace begins.

There are large concrete beams at the NW that have been poured / formed, which are there to take the load of the dome / spire. The onion dome sits on that section at the NW.

The ceilings are not taller. That's just an optical illusion because of the SW terrace setback. There is a setback at the NE corner, also for a terrace. You can see this if you follow the north face. It stops abruptly about 1/3 of the way to the east. That's where the north terrace begins.

There are large concrete beams at the NW that have been poured / formed, which are there to take the load of the dome / spire. The onion dome sits on that section at the NW.

thanks for that info!
this is completely un-scientific, just a guess of what we might see:
(wop-chop, feel free to criticize!... seriously, just so we can get more info :D)
5818711903_5df4ebd4f6_b.jpg

Pretty close. The building is going to continue straight up from L54 at all points, until L56, where there will be another area of terraces, accomplished by stepping back on every side. That super penthouse level has a terrace that wraps around the entire building (minus the Onion Dome / Spire section). After that, it'll continue straight up L56, 57 & 58, which is the aluminium clad part with the "TRUMP" logo.

Last edited:
Pretty close. The building is going to continue straight up from L54 at all points, until L56, where there will be another area of terraces, accomplished by stepping back on every side. That super penthouse level has a terrace that wraps around the entire building (minus the Onion Dome / Spire section). After that, it'll continue straight up L56, 57 & 58, which is the aluminium clad part with the "TRUMP" logo.

awesome info!
will the super-penthouse levels still be clad in same glass?... and this is far away, but when can we expect a full top off with the spire? :)

Uh, I can't recall off-hand. But the tower crane is scheduled for removal in October, and this is a requirement for construction of the spire/dome. So ... sometime after that ;)

okay.... cool. my guess is we should be topped off by early spring 2012

I'd imagine that it probably has a lot to do with the wind tunnel effect you get with the B-A center being so close. Hopefully it won't be so bad for those on the roof once you guys get a few floors above it.

Back