Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Getting closer:

1649356434519.png

Color! A building here is in colour!

Good to see the relationship to the GO Station right off the bat and a proposed supermarket facing Park Lawn; which hopefully, unlike Metro, can be accessed from Park Lawn!

Last edited:
good to see the colour and texture retained from the initial renderings. The forms are simple, keeping costs down, but the texture and excellent site planning makes it very attractive.

Makes me very hopeful for the entire development, this makes it clear that First Capital largely plans to bring the initial design intent right through to completion.

also: The office building is proposed to use pink (!!) brick as cladding. That would make it a *very* unique building from the Gardiner, that is for sure.
Moar buildings should use pink, IMO. Not that I am biased in stating that... 😼

Love the latest renderings on this one here, not much for me to critique here as First Capital and Allies are really doing their due dillegence here.

Not to burst anyone's buble, but let's not forget that Pemberton has a 50% stake on this site. So in other words, the other 50% of the site will likely be screwed up by them.

Some interesting information...
1. The Park Lawn GO Station SPA application will be submitted in the coming weeks. We'll see the station's design very soon!
2. All development will be as-of-right since City Council is about to formally pass bills to implement the Christie's Secondary Plan, with SPA being the only necessary step before getting a building permit and starting construction.

Love the latest renderings on this one here, not much for me to critique here as First Capital and Allies are really doing their due dillegence here.

Not to burst anyone's buble, but let's not forget that Pemberton has a 50% stake on this site. So in other words, the other 50% of the site will likely be screwed up by them.

That first line had me thinking ...."Who is this Amare impersonator with all this sunny optimism?"

That second line confirmed........it was just a temporary condition, he'll be himself again..... LOL

Back