From Thursday, July 20

IMG_7138.jpg

Retail incoming:

1691769315992.png

Also, a bank branch.

For the life of me, in an age where most of us do the vast majority of our banking online, and visit branches for a limited suite of items (getting a mortgage, investment advice, depositing coins etc.)

I am well and truly surprised at the number of new retail outposts.

If anything I would have expected fewer, with further expansion of hours.

Last edited:
Starbucks! I wonder how that'll impact the Loblaws Starbucks booth, and the new Darkhorse. I remember when the Daniel's building (across from Loblaws) had Starbucks, it didn't look good for the Loblaws booth (speaking to the people working there anyways). It really doesn't help that the booth didn't accept the regular Starbuck promotions.

At least it's not another Subway or cannabis store....

What's the actual floor count for these buildings? Urban Toronto says 70s, I've seen a condo for sale on 75th floor and some websites say it's 80 floors.

What's the actual floor count for these buildings? Urban Toronto says 70s, I've seen a condo for sale on 75th floor and some websites say it's 80 floors.
Developers skip floor number 13th and the ones ending in 4. So a 30th floor is actually 26th floor with 4, 13, 14 and 24 missing.

Last edited:
Starbucks! I wonder how that'll impact the Loblaws Starbucks booth, and the new Darkhorse. I remember when the Daniel's building (across from Loblaws) had Starbucks, it didn't look good for the Loblaws booth (speaking to the people working there anyways). It really doesn't help that the booth didn't accept the regular Starbuck promotions.

At least it's not another Subway or cannabis store....
In addition to the promotions, I expect that when there's a nearby regular Starbucks, the fact that the grocery store locations aren't available for mobile orders starts to hurt them. I routinely go to the Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws, buy some groceries, and then mobile order Starbucks from the regular Starbucks at Maitland and Church so I can pick it up on my way home, rather than order from the location inside the Loblaws, as having to line up and then wait for the drink is way less convenient than ordering ahead and picking it up from the counter, since it's usually ready in the time it takes to walk between stores (and I'm now much closer to home).

Back