Just now:

WP_20151104_16_10_06_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20151104_16_10_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151104_16_10_06_Pro.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 1,453
They are going to add another story to each of the residential towers.

As per the CoT Committee of Adj. website:

To alter the existing development plan approved under Site Specific By-law 1649-2012 by increasing the building height one-storey on each residential tower (Tower 2 and Tower 3) and adding a total of eight additional dwelling units.

The Hearing is planned for November 18, 2015.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...tion=init&folderRsn=3819287&isCofASearch=true
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Minor Variance 15 218084 000 00 MV Sep 4, 2015 Notice Prepared

There was a notice regarding same posted in my condo building which led me to this information online.

Last edited:
Hi Mercator,

Can you be more specific please about the source of your quote? Is that from a Committee of Adjustment notice? If so, does it mention the hearing date? (November 18th maybe?) Thanks!

So 4 units per floor? Guess they are trying to squeeze in some more penthouses for all the Leafs, Raptors and Jays players.

This morning:

IMG_9324.jpg
IMG_9342_1 copy.jpg
IMG_9345 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9324.jpg
    IMG_9324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_9342_1 copy.jpg
    IMG_9342_1 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_9345 copy.jpg
    IMG_9345 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,072
I absolutely love that view from Maple Leaf Square. Because so much of downtown Toronto--well, virtually all of it--is built on a grid, we don't get too many viewpoints that terminate in a layered set of buildings. Older American cities have these galore, built as they were before predominant use of the automobile: think downtown Boston or financial district Manhattan, for example.

The terminus of University is one place where we see this, and now looking south from Maple Leaf Square is another. It's very big city, and to me has that same exciting dizzying effect that walking around Lower Manhattan gives me.

Wow, so dense(!) Do we know who will replace Target for that prime retail space?
Yes, very curious to know who's taken this space?

Yesterday IKEA announced that it would double its number of Canadian stores over the next ten years, and also introduce new formats (read: urban). They didn't say where any of those new stores would be… but if they are adding new format stores and doubling their store count, this would not be the worst location for them to include in that expansion.

Back