There are 3 towers totaling more than 2,100 units between 10 York and Harbour plaza + 1 new office tower going up right now in the area. Given the limited retail choice in this neck of the woods, I wouldn't be surprised if this stretch gets busy - unless we are blessed with another drycleaner or bank

Last edited:
Of course, limited retail choices isn't due to lack of retail space within a kilometres or two of this development. I'd like to be wrong and that people will choose to window shop or sit and relax on this stretch of Harbour.

This isn't Yonge and Bloor.
There are plenty of bunkers in this city that go virtually unnoticed. Hudson Bay Centre stands out because its at Yonge and Bloor. The office tower lobby faces the park. The bunker part more or less faces a parking garage on a stretch of street that is inhospitable to pedestrians. Pedestrianizing the street would be futile effort with Queens Quay right there.
I'm not sure sure. When that off-ramp comes down I think this'll be a very different area, one that we will wish hadn't been soured by a bunker.

It will make a difference for the area but, this is still eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard.

The City is considering a change for Harbour Street as far west as York to two-way after the ramp is down and the street is extended to the east. Harbour could have a considerably different feel in a few years' time.

There's more real estate for another two lanes of traffic with the ramp gone and a westbound lane will serve Harbour Plaza a lot better. I haven't seen any plan that redirects Lake Shore traffic elsewhere.

The rendering is misleading as well. There's actually very little room devoted to streetfacing retail. The rest of it is for servicing the massive complex. The bunker's future is in question too until a release that a tenant has taken the space.

The rendering is misleading as well. There's actually very little room devoted to streetfacing retail. The rest of it is for servicing the massive complex. The bunker's future is in question too until a release that a tenant has taken the space.

I get where you're coming from but that's not entirely true. All of the loading and servicing has been internalized. There is only an entrance to this off of Harbour. The rest is dedicated to retail and condo / office entrances / lobbies.

90 Harbour.JPG

Attachments

• 90 Harbour.JPG
    90 Harbour.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 1,561
I was including the lobbies as "servicing" the complex. One thing I never noticed or has been revised is the retail spaces in the office block. That certainly changes things.

How did that happen in the first place? Assembly crew not knowing the orientation and just moved ahead with installation anyhow?

Taken today. Really not too much longer before it catches up to the office tower, considering the rate the floors are poured.
IMG_4716.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4716.JPG
    IMG_4716.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,394

Back