Seeing as how so many surface lots have disappeared over the least several years, and that the one in the foreground of this shot will soon be gone too, a temporary lot at 90 Harbour seems a bit much to complain about. Until Menkes is ready to build, why shouldn't they make some money of the land? They own it after all.

CN, given your skills with Sketchup - why not show what it would look like with one tower 80 stories and the other 60 stories. There 's no reason they need to be the same height.

Maybe you can influence the owners with something more interesting than the standard T.O. box.

90harbour2.jpg

CN, given your skills with Sketchup - why not show what it would look like with one tower 80 stories and the other 60 stories. There 's no reason they need to be the same height.

Maybe you can influence the owners with something more interesting than the standard T.O. box.

At first glance your drawing looks very much like the Emirates' Towers in Dubai. :)

How about two super-slender neo-deco tower. A bit of the American Radiator Building, a touch of the towers of the Waldorf-Astoria, a whole lotta gold leaf, aluminum, copper and limestone...and a form near the base not unlike a rocky crystal?

I put the office component in the base of the eastern one, and made it nine hundred feet high. The shorter one is five hundred feet. Very skinny in the top halves, which guards against them throwing off the skyline.

deco4.jpg

deco1.jpg

deco3.jpg

deco2.jpg

They'd cost a fortune. Of course if you're going to do a tower like this, you have to go all the way. Otherwise, you'll end up with The Uptown. If that was the case, I'd rather pick up the phone and call Herzog and DeMeuron.

herzoganddemeuron1.jpg

herzoganddemeuron2.jpg

Or, of course, Zaha Hadid (!)

zaha.jpg

Last edited:
Has this info on height in metres been posted yet?

90 HARBOUR ST

Ward 28 - Tor & E.York OPA / Rezoning 11 295626 STE 28 OZ Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

PROPERTY KNOWN AS BOTH 90 Harbour and 1 York St., PROPERTY KNOWN AS BOTH 90 Harbour Street and 1 York Street, Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application for new mixed use development - proposing 3 buildings (1 office building and 2 residential towers) with a common podium ranging from 4 to 9 stories. Office building - 31 stories (150 metres); Two residential buildings of 70 stories (239.5m) each with a total of 1426 dwelling units for both buildings. Shared parking with office and residential tower - 4 levels below grade - 791 parking spaces - (residential parkings spaces 411 - Commercial spaces - 380). 1300 bicycle parking spaces.

The amount of twin towers going up is starting to get ridiculous. Having ICE, 90 Harbour and MLS all right next to each other is going to take some time to get used to

Now THATS iconic!

VERY cool CN - you are a tealented young lady.

Do you work in an architectural office or are you still in school?

It is great to be able to see something other than what we always get.

Nice work!

Oh - those last three renders are not mine - they're done by pros at their respective architectural offices and far too accomplished for me.

But if you meant the first plainer ones, well - thanks!

And no, I'm not in school. I just play on Sketchup in my spare time.

I hope the two seventy-storey buildings are skillfully differentiated. Southcore is overloading on twins, IMO.

Office building - 31 stories (150 metres); Two residential buildings of 70 stories (239.5m) each with a total of 1426 dwelling units for both buildings.

So, CanadianNational, now that we know what heights the three buildings are intended to be (albeit with no idea yet of what their forms will be like), would it be possible to create something with these heights -- just to get an idea of how they will fit into the neighborhood (including ICE and MLS)? If you have the free time, of course!

I feel sorry for those people that own condos at Maple Leaf Square Towers and thought they were going to always have panoramic lake-views because they keep getting boxed in by LARGER TOWERs... Ice, 90 Harbour, L Tower, 88 Scott... likely 1 Yonge, possibly that triangle lot at 120 Harbour. But, again, if they love construction... it seems is the place to be kinda like being near College Park and all that action too.

Interesting.....on page one of that link, there is a rendering of a 100 story building slated for 2015 for Toronto named "Toronto World Commerce Tower"

and another called "Three4one" at 114 stories slated for 2014.

Am I the only one not aware of these? or are they fiction?

Click here for the link.

Last edited:

Back