I think this tower is going to be one of the best additions to the entertainment district.

Urban Capital is one of the only Toronto condo developers to have a presence in Ottawa, and do some pretty good projects there (especially considering the lower bar for architectural design).

I discovered this project before I moved to Toronto in 2012 when Urban Capital would show renders of Tableau at their Ottawa sites to promote the sorts of projects they were capable of. As a result, this is one of the first projects I actively followed in Toronto, and am really looking forward to seeing the rest of it go up.

In particular, I can't wait for the rest of the podium scaffolding to disappear. I think that's when we'll get the full sense of the addition this will make to the surface public realm.

Pic taken Sept 25, 2014

EeES7GZ.jpg

Attachments

• EeES7GZ.jpg
    EeES7GZ.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 1,521
Thanks for those great shots.

In other news: I've always wondered what the story is with this parking lot taking up some of the most prime real estate in the entire city...anyone know?

That last shot is so Toronto! Construction boom and tree stump. I wish the city would just remove the whole thing instead of leaving it like that for months on end.

I think the MEC move was just a rumor least I heard ... not set in stone.

That's too bad. I've always felt that, although highly unlikely, this spot would be the perfect place for a public square.

I agree, maybe build a thin building at the back and side of the lot with a patio restaurant/cafe. Otherwise it would be a very well used square.

Back