wziuXHJ.jpg

BcGFhji.jpg

This is a tower—that for its presence on the skyline—I will be sorry to see top off. That simple kink in the middle is pretty satisfying. It's looking to me like 80 storeys would have made a nice height for it.

This is a tower—that for its presence on the skyline—I will be sorry to see top off. That simple kink in the middle is pretty satisfying. It's looking to me like 80 storeys would have made a nice height for it.

I agree. I love the chevron-shape floorplate. If the black box cladding in front of the balconies pans out, this could be one of the best builds of the entertainment district condo boom.

Despite all the mediocre condos popping up in the Entertainment District I am cautiously optimistic about this one.

Despite all the mediocre condos popping up in the Entertainment District I am cautiously optimistic about this one.

I think this one will blow the rest out of the water. I see it daily on my trip to and from work. Kills everything in the immediate area. I do like Peter Street Condos, though.

My favourite aspect, and a pleasant surprise at that, is the way those soaring columns bookend the view from Spadina. I never really noticed how much the street curves, and it's been used to good effect here; almost has a bit of a modern Acropolis vibe going on.

I love this tower too, wish there was more of it. Great tint, great shape, great podium. Gives me a lot of hope that the 10 York Wallman design could turn out quite well

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 862
For the all the recent mediocrity in the ED, Picasso, Tableau, Theatre Park and the Mirvish towers will be a fine group of buildings.

PJ looks like it will be good as well. Fingers crossed 19 duncan will be bjarke ingels which I'd imagine would be quite interesting as well. It is just unfortunate that the first batch of towers around there were less "inspiring"

Back