Not sure. I think if it were all of them it'd be overbearing, bordering on tacky. When the film is peeled off and we see the black, with the interior lights from behind I think this building will be striking.

Not sure. I think if it were all of them it'd be overbearing, bordering on tacky.

I share this sentiment. It's just too easy to start tacking LED's on every thing that goes up, there is something to be said for restraint and allowing the lighting of the residential units to create a naturally interesting effect.

LED's are used by cheap architects to cover up mediocrity; they're the fireworks for a dull waterfront.

iif4Obt.jpg

Attn: Torontovibe: I believe I found your dream Toronto park, minus the fountain. Although you could consider Lake Ontario to be the water feature.:)
4sQNVWQ.jpg

You can sit within feet of strangers and perhaps even read what thread they're checking out on UT ;)

y2goVgm.jpg

You can zoom in on your video camera to get closeups
Lsqz4xq.jpg

Or zoom out and smell the flowers

Those are some hefty beams on the underside of the podium roof slab. Anybody know how they are reinforced, I'm assuming post-tensioning but correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. Early photos of the beams show the post tensioning bars (is that the correct term?) hanging out the ends before they were cut to length.

You are correct. Early photos of the beams show the post tensioning bars (is that the correct term?) hanging out the ends before they were cut to length.

They are usually referred to as post-tensioning tendons or post-tensioning cables (they are made up of many strands wrapped around one another instead of being one solid piece of steel).

These beams were highly reinforced with rebar as well as being post tensioned in two stages. In the attached photos you can see the congestion of steel before the beams were poured. In some of the pictures you can see the post tension tendons near the bottom, they are thicker than the rebar and have a spiral look.
(The beams were very massive: around 9'-8" Wide by 10'-10" High and had a large span ranging around 35'-65' from the building to the columns)

Attachments

• 643.jpg
    643.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 198
  • 645.jpg
    645.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 652.jpg
    652.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 659.jpg
    659.jpg