IMG_2491.JPG
    822.7 KB · Views: 1,929
  • IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    841 KB · Views: 1,944
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    699.1 KB · Views: 1,918
I said that Karma is one of the best towers to be finished in 2016, but Tableau is a huge contender for the award as well.

Absolutely beautiful now the balconeys are completed and painted. Can't believe I was once skeptical of this tower.

The architects wanted this type of praise for this tower. With this appreciation it should come as no surprise if they have offices here.

Architects always want to their name to be attached to a building they can be proud of. The difference between what they aim for and what gets built normally comes down to the what the client is willing to put into it.

Architects always want to their name to be attached to a building they can be proud of. The difference between what they aim for and what gets built normally comes down to the what the client is willing to put into it.

Do you think the architects at Kirkor and Page + Steele are proud of the buildings they've put up in this city?

You infer neither firm has anything to be proud of, of course. You're twisting what I wrote by picking only part of it to form your question, so I don't feel compelled to give you a straight answer…

A blanket condemnation of a firm's work, just because it's on UrbanToronto where—theoretically—we are better informed and more practiced critics of architecture, does not make the criticism any more valid than some random commenter on a Toronto Sun story decrying all new condos as ugly. Kirkor and Page + Steele do have buildings in their portfolio they can be proud of.

This isn't really the thread to argue that any further. The Tableau thread invites detailed comparisons to other Wallman works or other Urban Capital developments, but if you want to slam works by Kirkor or Page + Steele, I'd be happy to rendezvous in the Limelight or Delta Toronto threads for example…

I thought there was a program to put plaques with the year of completion, and the names of its developer, builder, engineer and architect on new condo buildings. I remember reading about it here a number of years ago, which Cityplace had a head start on with their buildings. I don't remember seeing any of these stainless steel plaques other than the buildings in Cityplace.
This should be done on all buildings to bring ownership and pride (or disgrace) to those who are shaping our city.

I thought there was a program to put plaques with the year of completion, and the names of its developer, builder, engineer and architect on new condo buildings. I remember reading about it here a number of years ago, which Cityplace had a head start on with their buildings. I don't remember seeing any of these stainless steel plaques other than the buildings in Cityplace.
This should be done on all buildings to bring ownership and pride (or disgrace) to those who are shaping our city.

You're correct.

Back