5 units is just perfect. Drug store, bank, laundry, and two fast food joints. What more could anyone want on Yonge Street? :)

And yet I strongly suspect that with a Rexall, Starbucks, BMO, Burger King and Subway, the vast majority of people here would end up patronizing those businesses far more than what exists on the block now.

That being said, I don't mind Lanterra's tenants in their Bay Street projects: Nandos, Running Room, What-A-Bagel.

^ I patronize Katmandu. That place is awesome and it's quite popular. Hope there's room for it and others like it on the new Yonge.

They may very well compromise between their initial vision and what they ultimately design, but looking at their track record there tends to be very little disparity between aA's marketing renderings and what they actually build (notable exceptions being Theatre Park's and Clear Spirit/Gooderham's crowns), so there's good reason to believe that what we see in the above renderings will be delivered.

Don't forget the mechanical on X as well...

Just leafing through the latest Condo Guide (Mar 28 - Apr 11)... there is a rendering for Teahouse phase 2 on page 19... seems to be something new, the top is now sloped backwards, sort of L Tower-ish.... this is the shorter tower... is this new?

The setbacks / terracing isn't new, it's always been part of the most recent design. Not sure I'd describe it as L-Tower-ish though.

here's what I mean....apologies for the crappy home scanner...

Teahouse_small.jpg

Attachments

• Teahouse_small.jpg
    Teahouse_small.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 832
Yikes. It doesn't relate to the rest of the design in any way. Blech. And the treatment of the mechanicals looks especially cheap and disjointed.

You wouldn't be wrong as Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent with a myriad of different geographies, cultures, and lifestyles.

Why you felt instantly drawn to some of its poverty and overcrowding at the mention of 'Asian-inspired' and felt compelled to share that notion (with pictures and all) I do not know. I guess the urge to be cheeky was too much to handle, even if its at the expense of other cultures and their evident social problems.

Back