More podium glazing, albeit with missing glass.
4C10DDED-8F1D-4C1B-95DE-9E18D6A39AB8.jpeg
BFA7E388-F68F-4294-AB83-7545601FC8FA.jpeg

I was told they were being left out as well, but I wasn't totally convinced. The guy who told me was juggling several jobs and I thought maybe he had his wires crossed. Still hope to see something there to clean it up

Lanterra should have gone to Metrolinx for some parking garage advice. Knowing them, Metrolinx would've paid them for a consultation, pretty much a win-win for the developer in this case, as they wouldnt have had to pay anything and they would be getting advice from one of the "best" developers of parking garages in the country.

The cladding is not horrible per se, but I agree Lanterra could've done better.

Lanterra should have gone to Metrolinx for some parking garage advice. Knowing them, Metrolinx would've paid them for a consultation, pretty much a win-win for the developer in this case, as they wouldnt have had to pay anything and they would be getting advice from one of the "best" developers of parking garages in the country.

The cladding is not horrible per se, but I agree Lanterra could've done better.
The issue is that the City didn't and doesn't want things like this to be a 'billboard', regardless of the fact that it very much is the perfect template for something more engaging. Toronto (in some ways perhaps rightly) has massive issues with advertising in public space. It's heavily regulated and heavily controlled.

I've posted a couple of examples of what could have theoretically been installed here - they would never happen, but it's nice to dream...

Oh great, I can't wait to walk past a building where they intentionally didn't bother to finish the cladding, every day for the next who knows how many years. What a disappointment, if the story about those sections being permanently non-glazed is true.

The podium is fine imo, it's the tower I dont like. I will once again reiterate my agreement with project end about having animated podiums and billboards etc and how I think that would definitely improve certain podiums. This being a great opportunity for that. It will never happen tho so why even bother having that discussion

Back