Telus was never clearnet. Telus purchased clearnet.

Splitting hairs much?

Telus never existed in Ontario before it bought ClearNET. I remember the ads of ClearNET's logo changing into TELUS, so that is what I was chiefly referring to. I can't find the ad I'm talking about on YouTube (this was pre-YouTube times) but here's a ClearNET ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxDyONgG2k
You'll notice the style hasn't changed one bit since the transition from ClearNET to TELUS. TELUS even adopted ClearNET's tagline "The Future Is Friendly".

Last edited:
here's a bunch from the roof of rbc and more from the roof of telus.

Attachments

• telus from rbc 2.jpg
    telus from rbc 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 313
  • telus from rbc roof 2.jpg
    telus from rbc roof 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 278
  • telus from rbc roof.jpg
    telus from rbc roof.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 262
  • telus from rbc.jpg
    telus from rbc.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 278
  • telus north fin and crane.jpg
    telus north fin and crane.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 246
  • telus north fin.jpg
    telus north fin.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 234
  • telus south fin 2.jpg
    telus south fin 2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 224
  • telus south fin.jpg
    telus south fin.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 228
the lobby...

Attachments

• telus lobby 2.jpg
    telus lobby 2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 291
  • telus lobby 3.jpg
    telus lobby 3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 274
  • telus lobby 4.jpg
    telus lobby 4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 236
  • telus lobby and path to union.jpg
    telus lobby and path to union.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 285
  • telus lobby.jpg
    telus lobby.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 258
  • union entrance.jpg
    union entrance.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 249
Niceeeeee .... great 'exclusive access' shots .... thank you dcaley !!

Wow great inside shots. Thanks for the photos of the sign as well. The sign seems a bit bigger than I was expecting, but it looks really great!

It's a very nice sign, but it should not take up more than half of the horizontal distance across the width of the tower... that makes a tower look stubby and it's not really a very nice placement for any sign. It's awkward.

Smaller sign and this building would've been A+ perfect in my books. The sleekness that was achieved was impressive until this sign.

It's just frustrating to me that something THIS simple can be screwed up. But I still love the tower-- we're lucky it turned out so close to what the renderings promised.

I don't think that Telus cares about how stubby the tower looks. They care more the visibility of their logo. Hence we're seeing the maximum size that the fin is about to contain.

I don't think that Telus cares about how stubby the tower looks. They care more the visibility of their logo. Hence we're seeing the maximum size that the fin is about to contain.

Exactly. Which is unfortunate.

So they didn't "screw up" like you indicated. It was their intention.

Well, hes right in saying that the sign screwed up the sleekness of the building... which is what he was arguing in the first place. Telus did not the design the building, they just decided to tack on the sign.

The scale of the Telus sign at the top of the building is the same as the renders suggested before there was a hole in the ground. The only difference is the colour of the Telus letters

It's actually larger than the rendering... it goes more than halfway across the width of the tower. Regardless of what the rendering is, I wish the logo was a bit smaller. But the main feature I still hope we get is the spire!!!

Some people seem to be in a bad mood, but calm down, all is well-- I still like the tower, if that's the issue with you guys. Feel free to post your own constructive comments on the signage ;)

Last edited:

Back