The connection to ACC is convenient during the winter but during a series of visits to the CMA office during the morning crush, I was pushed and shoved by those GO trainers going the opposite direction. The next few days were the same, I tried heading down York and Bay during the morning rush and in both occassions I was body checked and manhandled by the zombie stampede.

I have to agree that the Telus lobby looks and feels like an airport terminal. The mural actually looks "cheap" in real-life and I don't think commuters want to see a mirror image of themselves while they walk down the corridor. The glass chandelier is quite stunning though.

I walk through there all the time, and the "people poster" is a pretty cheap billboard. It is just temporary eye candy standing in for the retail shops that will eventually be going in that space

That's a bit reassuring. Agreed that the last thing harried commuters want to look at as art is a mirror image of themselves.

It's like an art piece in David Lam Park on the Concord Lands in Vancouver - tiles showing photos of cramp condo interiors - just what you want to see when you go to the park!!

In the public art report they mention that there's an 85 foot long wall in the galleria that was selected as one of the primary installation locations

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-2201.pdf

I'm not so sure that that mural is temporary.

Edit: But then looking through old posts trying to find the ground floor plan that was posted way back when I noticed in this old construction picture ( http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showpost.php?p=82507&postcount=298 ) that there was an opening in the railway embankment that roughly lines up with the mural. Maybe that wall is temporary afterall, waiting to be opened up as a new connection under the tracks and into Union Station

Last edited:
Won't that area north of Telus and below the track be part of the Union upgrade project?

I imagine that wall would come down and open up into an (sorry for the redundancy) open area...

Jan 16-10

IMG_jan-16-10-0244.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0245.jpg

So much for that Nov opening. Looks like it will be Feb or sooner.
IMG_jan-16-10-0246.jpg

I think I love the creative use of old newspapers to cover the doors. This exudes class - white glove developer.

Some photos of the new Starbucks in this building, with a description telling you about the store in each photo. A very unique store with old wharf used for the walls and ceiling. Exposed concrete. And even a bowling alley lane used as a table! So cool.

Click here

This project keeps looking better and better. The use of original wood throughout the Starbucks is great, and the tables made from bowling lanes add a lot of character. Hopefully chairs and benches will be added outdoors.

Looking west from Telus. Unobstructed view until PWC is built up. (It's a little difficult to see due to darkness, but a construction crane can be detected at the bottom of this picture in the foreground).

DSC_5558mono1000h.jpg

I used that new access to Union the other day to see where it leads, and it's pretty much useless for anyone trying to get to the subway or the PATH. It drops you into the VIA concourse, forcing you into a long walk around to the subway entrance.

Maybe when they reconfigure Union that access point will make more sense. In the meantime they'd actually be better to remove the TTC logos from the signage because it would be quite misleading for any tourists trying to find the subway.

Back