What should be the permanent name for the park under the Gardiner?

• The Artery

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • The Bentway

Votes: 76 41.8%
  • Under Gardiner

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 42 23.1%

• Total voters
…especially when there's no pedestrian bridge over Bathurst as well, as there should be over Spadina too. If it were all part of a network, I would care a lot more. I suppose this has become over-engineered as the months have passed?

Stumbled upon these bridge renderings. I'm not sure if they've ever been shared here before. Found at https://futurelandscapes.ca/the-bentway-under-gardiner/
170816_Bentway-View-B02_Summer_r3.jpg

170816_Bentway-View-B13_Summer_r5.jpg

170816_Bentway-View-B13_Winter_r4.jpg

170816_Bentway-View-W07_Winter_r5.jpg

Given that the original doner pledged $25million, I does not seem possible to make the Bentway work without public money to finish it. Have we allocated this money, or has there been additional fundraising or commercial sponsorship?

Given that the original doner pledged $25million, I does not seem possible to make the Bentway work without public money to finish it. Have we allocated this money, or has there been additional fundraising or commercial sponsorship?
I believe that the city allocated 10 million from development fees for capital costs so that the same amount from the original donation could go to operating expenses.

The bridge looks like it is someones pet project. It does not really solve any connection issues and it is so long that it is adding a long trip to get to the other side of the road. It really doesn't make sense that you would spend half of a donation on improving public space on a useless bridge. Pedestrians and cyclist will continue to Jaywalk across Fort York Blvd. or simply go to the nearby ground level crossings.

WT have posted the bridge tender call.
Request for Proposals (RFP) #2018-34: The Bentway Phase II Bridge
(11/2018)
Waterfront Toronto (legally named Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation) is seeking proposal submissions from prospective firms for The Bentway Phase II Bridge.

The bridge looks like it is someones pet project. It does not really solve any connection issues and it is so long that it is adding a long trip to get to the other side of the road. It really doesn't make sense that you would spend half of a donation on improving public space on a useless bridge. Pedestrians and cyclist will continue to Jaywalk across Fort York Blvd. or simply go to the nearby ground level crossings.

This. If it isn't going to continue over Fort York Blvd. or Bathurst then I don't see the point of it at all. I think the money could better used to improve further what they have already done

Back