I don't think BSN is a good comparison as I've never seen a building take longer to be completed.

Well - BSN should soon have some competition, and nearby too. Milan started sales in November 2007. Shoring of the of the site is just underway now - excavation has not really started. Given the size of the project, and long it takes Conservatory Group to get a building up (ref. Platinum Tower development in North York, with Pearl now under construction) Milan's initial occupancy will take place in three to four years time. My expectation - early purchasers of upper floor units in Milan will have waited at least seven years before being able to move into their suites.

AHK

Last edited:
Just passed by the site today and they are working on taking down the trees along the West side of Church Street.

Thought I'd post some pictures : )

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 268
It didn't take too long for this one to start moving.

[video=youtube;cu8_Myzd3ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu8_Myzd3ag[/video]

thx for the vid! I love this project, but its kind of unfortunate to lose that 4 storey vine covered brick building at the south end of the site...

p.s. - it doesnt seem there are any goofy teenage boys polluting this thread, likely because this thing is less than 50 storeys!

Website has just been updated to reflect the sales of the project.

"THANK YOU TORONTO.
THE BERCZY IS SOLD OUT!
Click here to keep informed of news from Concert and updates on The Berczy."

Exciting!

A good chunk of the existing building on Church has been demolished (Where the Keg was). I could see the whole corner coming down in a few weeks now. The office building closer to The Esplanade will take time since they are recycling the brick.

Permit application is now with the City:

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1B3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 203736 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Jan 5, 2011

Project: Other Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - CONSTRUCTION OF A 13 STOREY CONCRETE STRUCTURE, HIGH RISE CONDOMINIUM APARTMENTS WITH GROUND FLOOR RETAIL SPACE AND THREE(3) LEVELS OF UNDERGROUND PARKING. THERE WILL BE 163 RESIDENTIAL UNITS.

Not strictly relevant to The Berczy, but looking across the construction site I noticed Altus Group's prominent new logo, which appears to represent a bikini.

IMG_2013.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 351

Back