Seems like a missed opportunity for the 'private laneway' that is being provided for vehicular access for this development won't be connected to the north-south laneway between Gladstone and Northcote that runs south from Argyle and dead ends exactly here.
1687487976001.png

That looks like it would be a really tight turn to make it into the driveway from the lane. I think there is a long term plan to extend the lane south towards the lane parallel to Queen, between Northcote and Gladstone, when the Freshco property eventually redevelops. I can't imagine the condo people would also want their driveway being a cut through either.

Last edited:
Site listed for sale, in addition to 39 Gladstone Ave:

PRIME Re-Development Site in Beaconsville Village/Parkdale Area! 2x Lots North of Freshco just Steps from Gladstone Hotel. Zoned I1 D2 (Industrial) . 31-37 Gladstone is a Development Site for a 6-Storey, 28 units (36,632 sf) Building and 39 Gladstone will be Converted to a 4-Plex Building (3,518 sf) SPA & ZBA are pending. Existing is a 2-storey Auto Repair Garage Excellent Prime Location in Little Portugal in High Traffic area that Suits Variety of Use.**** EXTRAS **** Complete Address is 31-37, 39 Gladstone Ave (34858579)

Back